Looking for investor for a small boutique dive resort in Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leslieinpv

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I am a dive instructor in Puerto Vallarta and live on the south side. I am looking to build a few bungalows and have a wonderful big deep pool for training. If your interested in being part of a small boutique resort for diving and training, please contact me Great location near river and ocean.

Hi Leslie,

I'm interested in learning more. How much are you looking for from an investor?
A little about me.... I was PADI certified in 1982 but would like to get back into diving in a big way. Only have have around 25 or so dives in over that period. Trained through Rescue certification. I work as a sales manager here in Des Moines, IA earning ~$150k / year so not sure if my wife (a Mexican national, now American) would go for me quitting my job and us moving to PV. We have thought about moving to Mexico in a few years but further south in Cuernavaca, nearer to her immediate family.

She does have a cousin who lives in PV though who works in local tourism. I speak Spanish fluently after having lived with my wife of 30 years, and working throughout Mexico. I definately know the "lay of the land" and my way around the country. In fact, I have been working in TJ quite regularly these past few months.

Anyway let me know your thoughts. I have also been looking for a possible investor(s) to go in on a liveaboard dive operation.

Saludos,
Curt S.

Hi Leslie,

I'm interested in learning more. How much are you looking for from an investor?
A little about me.... I was PADI certified in 1982 but would like to get back into diving in a big way. Only have have around 25 or so dives in over that period. Trained through Rescue certification. I work as a sales manager here in Des Moines, IA earning ~$150k / year so not sure if my wife (a Mexican national, now American) would go for me quitting my job and us moving to PV. We have thought about moving to Mexico in a few years but further south in Cuernavaca, nearer to her immediate family.

She does have a cousin who lives in PV though who works in local tourism. I speak Spanish fluently after having lived with my wife of 30 years, and working throughout Mexico. I definately know the "lay of the land" and my way around the country. In fact, I have been working in TJ quite regularly these past few months.

Anyway let me know your thoughts. I have also been looking for a possible investor(s) to go in on a liveaboard dive operation.

Saludos,
Curt S.
P.S. I have written a fairly detailed business plan for the type of operation I have mind, marketing plan, proforma financials, Pitchbook, etc. There is some decent money to be made given the right setup and service location. Have you written a plan for what you are considering?

P.S. I have written a fairly detailed business plan for the type of operation I have mind, marketing plan, proforma financials, Pitchbook, etc. There is some decent money to be made given the right setup and service location. Have you written a plan for what you are considering?
Hello Chalupo, I wil send you a direct message Thank you for writing and posting.

Hi Leslie, wanted to check in and see if you have made progress or are still looking for an investor. Possibly interested if still available and everything makes sense. if you could provide me with an update, that'd be amazing. Thank you.

I am still looking, untill then I am making it on my own. Next time your in PV, we should get together and you can see the property and location. Thank you for checking in.

I am still looking, untill then I am making it on my own. Next time your in PV, we should get together and you can see the property and location. Thank you for checking in.
Thanks for the response. If you would like to discuss more, would be happy to jump on a call or discuss via DM. I am considering an investment offer on a property in SE Asia but would be open to discussing what you have going on, as it would be much closer to home. That and I am a huge fan of PV and Mexico. I also already have permanent residency if that helps. Let me know, good either way. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom