Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never put my hands on one..but on my list.

Question about the insert...being rimfire, wouldn't a plastic insert/adapter take a beating from repeated use? (Ok for single use).
Also, is there shell blowback once fired?
From what the picture posted that would be easy to do on a lathe (I have one) .

Yes,
The plastic sleeves do take a beating. A metal washer is added between the 22 ammo casing and the plastic. The plastic sleeve eventually splits down the side.

Attachments

• 7f9617ee-6308-41c3-bc96-976d017f0232.jpg
    7f9617ee-6308-41c3-bc96-976d017f0232.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 17
Yes,
The plastic sleeves do take a beating. A metal washer is added between the 22 ammo casing and the plastic. The plastic sleeve eventually splits down the side.
Yes the cupped washer absorbs the impact of the firing pin. The splitting sides are from the shell detonating force when fired.

I rough cut one today.
Thats a knarly spent case in there.
It has a 'wall' in the tube like oem. This one is my no washer version.
More to come.

View attachment 832070
…looks good Doug. I reckon the best way to test is a ‘live shoot’ to see if it fires and see what kind of ‘dent’ the firing pin leaves in the .22. I did send a quick sketch to Mark F but haven’t heard back yet. I may hear from him on Monday. I can send you a pic of what I drew. Not really detailed but builds on what you and he are discussing. I believe I have your contact info so I will send you one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom