Looking for lake dive sites in lower NH area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darkfrog:

Well I wouldn't put that 7mm away just yet. Still pretty cold at depth, low 40's. But certainly looking good now the sun has come out. We were out to the Isle of Shoals this weekend and temps were high 40's at 50ft. Fantastic dives!! Looking forward to diving with you.

novisdiver:
Darkfrog:

Well I wouldn't put that 7mm away just yet. Still pretty cold at depth, low 40's. But certainly looking good now the sun has come out. We were out to the Isle of Shoals this weekend and temps were high 40's at 50ft. Fantastic dives!! Looking forward to diving with you.

Perhaps I should've added a :D at the end of that statement. I may have grown up swimming in the waters of NH, but I'm not crazy about all my skin going numb if I can avoid it. :wink:

novisdiver:
Cecil thanks for the tip I will check Newfound and Pleasant Lake.

I agree about the ocean dives. Here's the thing though, I lead dives every Friday morning for a local shop. We get all levels of diver so I like to mix things up a bit, a few lake dives, a few ocean dives. Try to keep it interesting and this way people get varying experience in different environments.

I once heard Barb's husband (Rob?) talk about a quarry in Milford. Though private, was working to get permission to lead a group to dive.. Sounds like may not have been comfortable from a safety standpoint.. (Big liability) Would be awesome if could ever do dive in quarry nearby.

reefseal:
I once heard Barb's husband (Rob?) talk about a quarry in Milford. Though private, was working to get permission to lead a group to dive.. Sounds like may not have been comfortable from a safety standpoint.. (Big liability) Would be awesome if could ever do dive in quarry nearby.

Yeah, that would be cool. I've never heard either of them talk about a quarry before. I'm guessing it didn't happen. I'll have to ask her and Rob though just to be sure.

Reefseal:

Just wanted to say thanks for the idea about the cliff at Newfound Lake! Dove it this mornig, and let me tell you I personally think this is one of the best dives in NH. Fantastic!! There were swimthroughs, and caverns, and complete full size trees within the boulders. It was just amazing really. I haven't seen anything like it in NH. Even though no fish life the boulders make it well worth the trip.

Regards,

novisdiver

reefseal:
I would add Newfound lake to list. There are plenty posts on it in this board if you search it. I would be interested in your description of ones above (other than Winnie) There are others in Dublin that I know others go to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom