Looking for Like minded divers for photo liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This all sounds pretty cool. The Red Sea is on my to do list. But, my dive card for 2020 is already full with the trips I already have committed to.

However, just as a thought for you for future trips you might do, if you did not have CCR support, I would not even consider it. CCR and underwater photography go together like biscuits and gravy. If you really want to pull in the most serious photographers, I would think you would need to figure out how to have CCR support on your trips. (not that there are not serious photographers on OC, mind you! There sure are. Some of the best I know are still diving OC. But, many of the best are also on CC)
There are not many boats that are rebreather friendly but I can see the potential.
For this specific trip the maximum depth on one site is around 25-30 meters, 33 if you want to go and shoot some stuff on the bottom but generally the trip is 15-20 meters. The lack of bubbles could be useful in some of the school shots at 5-10 meters so something to think about

There are not many boats that are rebreather friendly but I can see the potential.
For this specific trip the maximum depth on one site is around 25-30 meters, 33 if you want to go and shoot some stuff on the bottom but generally the trip is 15-20 meters. The lack of bubbles could be useful in some of the school shots at 5-10 meters so something to think about

Those sites certainly would not give a lot of advantage to CC over OC. Not like deeper sites would. But, CC would still have some advantage. The ability to get closer to the critters, even at 5m, is a big benefit (in my mind, anyway). At this point, I no longer really consider trips where I can't dive my CCR. There are too many places I want to go that DO support CCR. And, being on CCR has improved my photography in a major way - partly from being able to stay down longer, thus having more time and opportunity to shoot, but at least as much just from the closer and more frequent interactions with the critters. Put "closer interactions" and "more time" together and CC is a BIG benefit (to MY u/w photography, anyway).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom