Looking for local dive buddy in ft lauderdale area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i see you live in davie florida...i don't know what dive shop is close to you but the dive shops in lauderdale by the sea and pompano have lots of beach diving groups. perhaps a phone call to them can hook you up with you next adventure.

lauderdale by the sea has some great beach diving sites............

South Florida Scuba Meetup Group (Delray Beach, FL) - Meetup
South Florida Beach Divers (Hollywood, FL) - Meetup
South Florida Beach Divers (Hollywood, FL) - Meetup
Palm Beach Scuba Divers (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) - Meetup
Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup
Force-E Divers of South Florida (Boca Raton, FL) - Meetup

Posted severel meet ups for you. We belong to all of them. GC asks for a one time $40 payment to belong, IMHO, I gladly paid it. The rest require no money to join. Some dive more than others, but GC and South Fl beach dives are very active. I really like Tom from SFBD. Force E holds 2 group night dives every month. Just make sure you read all the info for the dives you want to sign up for so you are reg. for the dive and on the list. Dixie also holds two night dives a month as well. If you are ever interested, PM me and you are welcome to join us. We usually go to the night dives with Force E and try to make the bi-weekly night dives with Dixie.

June is Dixie's pier clean up, a bunch of fun and you help the environment at the same time. We just did the GC pier clean up and I found and freed a hooked Nurse Shark from under the pier. A good feeling for the day. I am trying to earn Karma for myself, since moving down here last Aug. I have rescured a nurse shark, horseshoe crab, ducklings, and removed a fishing hook from a ducks tongue.

Also, just noticed that Force E is trying a monthly beach dive on May 23rd from the Pompino store, only 10 folks are allowed to sign up. One problem in my mind with this, it is the same night as the BHB night dive, I have yet to figure out how I can do both. We also try to get out at least once per weekend, ocean permitting, and dive with one of these groups. We have got to visit a lot of places through these groups that we would not have found on our own. Not being from here, is has helped us meet new folks and get some good beach diving in.

Steve from GC has been very helpful. As I mentioned before, Tom and his wife from SFBD have been great and he has a wealth of local knowledge that he gladly shares. Also, keep a look out for the beach clean ups, as they are looking for both land and water clean up. Again, a nice way to spend the day and helping out. The way we look at it is, we use the beach, BHB, the ocean, we should give back and help keep them clean. I am also a human trash can while diving. I collect trash and shove it down my wet suit and throw it out once back on land. Once while swimming back to shore at LBTS, we picked up a McDonald's bag of trash floating around...it was a Dive Through. My teenager thought that was the funniest thing she has ever heard.

thanks tddfleming, great info.... i will definitely PM you once i look into all the links. thanks again

Hey Mark,

We are a proud sponsor of the South Florida HammerHeads. It is a dive club focused on keeping the reefs and other recreational dive spots preserved for future generations.

They have regular group dives, events, parties, clean-up, and meetings. It is a great place to meet some new local dive buddies and have a great time.

We hope you join us sometime! Here is more information: South Florida HammerHeads

Cheers,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom