Looking for mares abyss vortex second stage and faceplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will also send a message to a friend who dives in Belgium. He can see if the European dealers can get it as well.

-Z

Dive Gear Express advised:

"The part P/N 46184279 has been discontinued; however, the NEW part number for the 2nd stage face cover is SKU: 46200849 Description: 2nd stage face cover Cost: $42"

Thanks to your outstanding guide I believe the 46200849 faceplate is the modern "Abyss" cover which is not as cool as the Orbiter/DR mesh one. You think it's likely that the reuse of the p/n as noted above is causing the confusion? I can't imagine they've already discontinued the DR cover (but it's entirely plausible that they discontinued the Orbiter obviously).

Good news. A shop I called in Orange County NY, called me back and said that Mares has the assembly in stock and they can order it. Cost is approx $45. I was informed the correct part number is 46201488.

DM me and I will give you the contact info for the shop.

-Z

Awesome, I appreciate you doing the legwork on this! DM inbound.

I've got an old MR12 voltrex reg. The cover is a bit worn and due to the age I'm afraid the plastic may be brittle. The DR cover is🔥 though. Trouble is my octo is plastic body and I think may also be too brittle. In my search for another metal body, however, I came across a MR22 set with two metal Abyss regs, so I may jump at that if I can source the DR covers.

@buddhasummer looked up the cover for me once. Maybe he can still obtain them. I recently bought a pair of post-2008 Abyss seconds, so am interested as well.

What covers are you guys looking for? DR?

A photo helps me a lot as I'm no expert on Mares.

What covers are you guys looking for? DR?

A photo helps me a lot as I'm no expert on Mares.
Found the original thread where I asked you about them:

Here's the pic. Zef reports the current part number is 46201488.

1632724050384-png.684101

IMO, it looks even better with the green Nitrox purge button
mares-xr-dr-second-stage-xr-line-nitrox.jpg

Then yes, I can get them. Price has no doubt gone up though given it was almost two years ago.
Zef found a shop in the US that will order them. Not sure about the Nitrox version though. I'll check with them tomorrow.

Then yes, I can get them. Price has no doubt gone up though given it was almost two years ago.

Zef found a shop in the US that will order them. Not sure about the Nitrox version though. I'll check with them tomorrow.
Thanks guys, I sent a DM to Zef and he got me a contact for the dive shop that he referenced in a previous post, I have emailed them and now await a response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom