Looking for my own equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you limit yourself to diving reasonable water temps (50+F) in the summer and fall, then you don't need a sealed reg.

You can pretty much use the same gear in warm or temperate, except a 7mm suit, hood and gloves are pretty much required in NE and its way too much for most people in warm water. This means you still need to buy a cheap 3mm or something for the warm water.

Of course, the 7mm neoprene requires a fair amount of lead and thus a decent sized BCD (30-35lbs lift) is needed. I would think most BCD's on the market except the the real light and small travel units would be fine.

There are better types of gear (expensive regs, steel tanks, dry suites, etc..) that would work better in NE and will extend you season and range, but if you are diving a few times a year, its probably not worth the expense. Note: many SB posters are total dive fanatics and REASONABLE is not a term used often. Dive gear starts expensive and gets insanely expensive.

I am just a little north of you in Danvers, I am both a Scubapro and Zeagle dealer. Zeagle makes the best BC by far and the Stilletto is a great BC (for warm water or smaller people). If you'd like to come up, touch them, try them on, and maybe even go out for a test dive (I have an assortment of demo units) then be my guest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom