Looking for NJ Dive Buddies... Maclearie Park - Shark River - D2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insecular

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking to add dive numbers this summer - looking to dive at D2 / Maclearie Park - Shark River down to Barneget Light - Looking for someone who needs to rack up logged dives #'s - Currently AOW - looking to do as many dive as possible - can do 3 dives per day at maclearie park - please reply if you want to increase your logged dive numbers -

Last edited:
We can talk. I won't be good as a regular as it is nearly a two-hour drive to get to your backyard.

I'm up to my neck in special projects, but Maclearie Park (in the dark) is my OPV. A bimble dive in the back bay always sounds nice. I've long since lost any desire to log numbers of dives. I just record the useful stuff like gear changes and weighting.

So why do you need numbers? Thinking of going professional? Not being judgmental, but good for both of us if we know what you are looking for at the outset.

I need experience - and dives are the best way to get it, at my stage - and Maclearie is "safe" and has easy access.

Only curious - why are you trying to "rack up" as many dives as possible?

What is the motivation? Are you looking to get into a class that requires a certain number of dives?

:)

Maclearie being a shallow as it is is tide dependent so I am not sure if you can get three dives in there a day but it may be possible. I don't think the current would be too strong when the tide is moving. Plus the visibility tends to be better at high slack tide.

Are you available for night dives as well. A few of us are down there st least every few weeks and can let you know when we are going.

I've done 2 every time I've been there - (6 times now) - normally at high tide - current is not that bad - yes let me know when you do night dives - I am interested - currently taking night course at D2.

With the missing diver - 17 yo - tonight may not be a good night... Maybe next weekend...

On a plus note - we dove to 60 feet off Sea Girt reef and the viz was about 20 feet - best I have seen in years. :)

I was at maclearie this morning for 630am high tide - i am willing to dive the maclearie park or sea girt all the way down to Barnaget light - just waiting for any invites - doing night class this week, mon - wed at D2.

HAPPY HOUR DUSK DIVE (July 19th)

JOIN US FOR A HAPPY HOUR
DUSK DIVE!

Date: Tuesday, July 19th
Time: 7:15pm
Meet at: Maclearie Park Steps.
Stop in the store early Tuesday (or even Monday) if you need to rent any gear.
RSVP by either e-mailing the store or calling us at 732-776-7755.

For more information, call Divers Two at 732-776-7755

Back
Top Bottom