Looking for people to dive with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rebelmarine62

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I live near Bradford pa and I'm looking for people to dive with locally I don't mind going a hour or two away. I was just certified yesterday but I don't now many people that dive. So anyone wanna teach me stuff/dive with me?

a hour or two away

I can't help you as I'm down in MD, but the quoted part of your post above made me smile. I travel 3 to 4 hrs to dive a "good" quarry - each way. And its worth every penny. YMMV.

Ya that would get a little pricey driving that much every weekend for as much as I want to dive. Plus there are plenty of places to dive that aren't far such as Lake Erie I just need a buddy to dive with

Ya that would get a little pricey driving that much every weekend for as much as I want to dive. Plus there are plenty of places to dive that aren't far such as Lake Erie I just need a buddy to dive with

Hmmmm its all relative. It beats ski passes cost wise, not to mention the obligatory stay over night which we are able avoid; distance is the same. Besides, down here, 1.5hr commute to work one way everyday is routine for a lot of people. 3hr drive + 3hr dive fun + 3hr back = cake, and well worth it. Also way way cheaper than the $150 2 tank boat dive.......

Have fun and welcome to your life long addiction.

Hi Rebelmarine62.
Like maniago, I am not very close to you either, but I do have a suggestion that may help you find closer dive buddies:

There is a sub forum, Dive NY (DNY) which is a very loosely mixed group of scubaboard members from the NJ/NJ/PA region, many of whom train and practice in Dutch Springs, near Bethlehem, PA

In your control panel there is a category: "Permissions" and in that area you can choose : "Join group", for the DNY, or other sub forums.

After joining you can post and introduce yourself in these areas:
The overall group:
Dive NY
The chat area:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dive-ny/438468-dny-10-after-party-515.html#post6775888

Hi Rebelmarine62.
Like maniago, I am not very close to you either, but I do have a suggestion that may help you find closer dive buddies

It was my impression that Dutch is way outside your drive zone Rebel. If not, I dive Dutch all the time (it is my 3hr drive I was referring to), and I'll dive with you.

I want to dive dutch. But it's a 5 hour drive. So I gotta check prices and probably camp over the weekend. When I figure out what weekend I will let you now

Well, I find that weekday diving at Dutch is fantastic - empty. Weekends are a mob. I always have mondays off so if you want to consider driving down on a Sunday night, camping over and diving monday, I could do that way easy.....a 2 tank day for sure. PM me if you want to plan further....Mick.

Looking for dive buddies July 4th to the 6th.
AOW w. 98 dives.
Plan on setting up canopy by the Pump House.
Jim
516-650-8028

Looking for dive buddies July 4th to the 6th.
AOW w. 98 dives.
Plan on setting up canopy by the Pump House.
Jim
516-650-8028

I'm there on the 3rd before the rush. I'll stir the pump up for you! :wink:

BTW, might want to update your dive profile....

Back
Top Bottom