Looking into buying a HID light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,

here in Europe only the post-fixed lights were delivered. And as far as I know the version with the leking problem has never been sold. That was the reason why the light version 2 came out so late last year, they did a lot of researches to deliver a light with a good quality. The only thing that has changed meanwhile is the inside arrangement of the light. That has strongly improved. So I really doubt that any light is on the market that has such a problem. I have NEVER heard about a leaking light. Everybody who has got one is just impressed about the light and the variety to use it.
Or do you mean the version 1 of the light? The version 1 of the light had a switch directly in front of the pistole handle bar. The version 2 has it on the back side of the light. I can not say anything about version 1. I have never ordered them because a switch that can easily be touched and switched on is not good for a HID light, so I decided not to sell it.

Greetings, Michael

I might have been a little premature in posting that LP had them...they have them on their site but aren't in stock yet. Sorry for any confusion this caused and like everybody else...I'll wait for them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom