Los Cabos - Solmar V liveaboard advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has done the Solmar V liveaboard out of Los Cabos....please.

Ive made a reservation (and must admit am very excited!!), however they have asked me to wire transfer the full payment to them 6 weeks in advance. Is this normal? And am I just being paranoid? I would usually expect to pay by credit card, as at least then I am covered in some way shape or form. I guess Im just not willing to take the risk when its 3 grand we're talking about!

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Thanks guys!!

richdiver:
Looking for anyone who has done the Solmar V liveaboard out of Los Cabos....please.

Ive made a reservation (and must admit am very excited!!), however they have asked me to wire transfer the full payment to them 6 weeks in advance. Is this normal? And am I just being paranoid? I would usually expect to pay by credit card, as at least then I am covered in some way shape or form. I guess Im just not willing to take the risk when its 3 grand we're talking about!

Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Payment before the trip is SOP for nearly all if not all liveaboard operations If you look at their payment schedule they need 1/4 down to hold the spot then so much more six months for the trip etc. Not sure of the exact details but full payment six weeks does not strike me as weird. You do realize that if you cancel later you will not get all the cash back. I assume you are doing the socorro trip. Enjoy the boats fine though they pack more divers than they should and the cabins are SMALL. I would upgrade to the superior especially if this is the socorro run. Lots of open water.

I've been on the Solmar and that is normal for them. They are a super operation and you will enjoy it. They also have an office in CA if you feel better talking to them that way, but they are also associated with the Solmar Hotel.

Have a great time.

Back
Top Bottom