Lost GoPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nldurkee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is a long shot but some people have gotten luckily so I figure I will give it a shot… When diving in Cozumel at the Yucab/Tormentos dove sit today (3/12/23) I lost my GoPro… it was towards the beginning of the dive (15-20 min)... it’s a hero5 attached to a black/orange handle and has a light attached to it… could’ve floated to surface or sank, not sure which.. would really like my memory card most of all if anyone comes across it!

This is a long shot but some people have gotten luckily so I figure I will give it a shot… When diving in Cozumel at the Yucab/Tormentos dove sit today (3/12/23) I lost my GoPro… it was towards the beginning of the dive (15-20 min)... it’s a hero5 attached to a black/orange handle and has a light attached to it… could’ve floated to surface or sank, not sure which.. would really like my memory card most of all if anyone comes acros
Not trying to be rude but, you will stand a better chance of someone finding your camera if it sank to the bottom. If it floated to the surface it will be headed to Cuba. On the positive side, many cameras have been found and returned to their owners. Hope you get it back.

This sucks Hope you recorded your name and address as soon as you turned it on? I’ve found 6 GoPros and only managed to get 2 back to the owners. I always tell people the same thing when diving ‘good idea to get in the habit of recording your name and address as soon as you turn it on in the morning’ ….most everyone looks at me like a bozo and then doesn’t record their name/address… hope you get it back!

This sucks Hope you recorded your name and address as soon as you turned it on? I’ve found 6 GoPros and only managed to get 2 back to the owners. I always tell people the same thing when diving ‘good idea to get in the habit of recording your name and address as soon as you turn it on in the morning’ ….most everyone looks at me like a bozo and then doesn’t record their name/address… hope you get it back!
I hope I'm wrong, but the OP lists 0-24 dives, so he / she was probably unaware of the recording lost and found info on the video card as a lost and found aid.

I hope I'm wrong, but the OP lists 0-24 dives, so he / she was probably unaware of the recording lost and found info on the video card as a lost and found aid.
At 0 - 24 dives IMO it's not that great an idea to bring a camera on dives.

Thank you for your sacrifice to the camera gods.

I hope your offering is well received and you are rewarded with much happiness.

Always loved my DM's deadpan response to the question 'what is at the bottom of the blue hole' on my first liveaboard....

"6 or 7 bored fat old sharks and about 300 gopros"

I can attest that doing that works. A few years ago my wife's camera was returned to her by another diver who found it and saw the "this camera belongs to" photo as the first file on the memory card.

I can attest that doing that works. A few years ago my wife's camera was returned to her by another diver who found it and saw the "this camera belongs to" photo as the first file on the memory card.
I started using a Nikon Coolpix 995 while diving back in 2000. I had a piece of masking tape with my contact info taped on the left side of the Ikelite housing. I did not even think about putting my contact info on the memory card until reading about it on Scubaboard around 2004 or 2005. Definitely a better idea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom