Love my HPR, I get positive and Negative attention. About the Negative attention:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are self-anointing (read "onanistic"). There is no explanation.

[h=1]onanistic[/h]

[h=2]Contents[/h] [hide]​

[h=2]English[edit][/h][h=3]Adjective[edit][/h]onanistic (comparative more onanistic, superlative most onanistic)

1. Of or pertaining to masturbation (onanism)
  2. In a manner which suggests masturbation; hence, fruitless, self-congratulatory, self-absorbed, pointless
[h=4]Derived terms[edit][/h]
[h=3]Anagrams[edit][/h]

Can you explain what are calling the "scuba police"?

There are no federal or state laws (that I am aware of) that has any regulation or jurisdiction on the type of gear that you dive or the maintenance of it. Therefore, since there are no laws, there is no law enforcement agency ( or police) that could have any actual jurisdiction.

Was this issue in Florida?

Were you diving in private property or from a charter boat? That would be the only places where the owner or operator may place requirements, but those are not laws or regulations, just owner imposed requirements. An owner does have the right to place any requirements he feels like imposing, even if they are stupid and based on miss-information.

I have personally never had any issues with any dive operator, but if I did, I would first try to educate them and if that didn't work I would just avoid them.

The comments that you got are from pure ignorance.

Pull that Argonaut over to the side of the reef sir!

comment_scubapolice1.gif

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom