Lower Orange Grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
J-Vo

J-Vo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is the approximate kick time and average depth for the circuit in Lower Orange Grove from the primary tie off.

I always get lost poking around down there. If I'm looking for the gold line, it'll take about 40 minutes for me to find it. Most other people find it in just a few minutes.

How about once you find it?

The circuit isn't that long. My last trip there, once I tied into the gold line it was 30 minutes to do the entire thing and only 12 minutes of that was to do the circuit and we were not going fast.

The red circles indicate the start of the gold line / end of the gold line, with the circuit also identified.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 8.27.04 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 8.27.04 AM.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 50
It's been a long time for me but Ken or someone else who has more experience there can correct me if my memory is wrong. I think if you go right at the T-it goes to the end of the line and dead ends. The circuit involves a bedding plane with a soft ceiling and percolation is gnarly. I remember the entrance being head down, corkscrew thing through the breakdown to about 130 ish.

Another thing to consider, even though the max depth isn't more than 180 ft or so, you probably want helium in your mix or diluent for this one. The head down swim is disorienting and the circuit is an easy silt out with the soft ceiling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom