LP 80's vs HP 100 "wet" weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I understand the hating on mexican harness + hp100s + wetsuit. But, for me, my Stealth + hp100s + drysuit seems to work better than Stealth + al80s + drysuit.

I don't understand why it is preferable to have the extra ballast required for a drysuit on your back instead of in the tanks.
What makes you say they work better than the AL80's?

What @rjack321 said is right though the Worthington HP100's are probably the worst of the lot for hanging like bricks. Everything about diving steel tanks in sidemount is harder than diving AL80's, anyone proficient in both will agree with that. The only reason we do it in Florida is because LP85's when cave filled are slightly less offensive than 3xAL80's and we need that much gas or more because the caves are 3-4ata. In a drysuit we are lucky that we don't have to worry about being foot heavy because you can just pump gas into your feet but you'll see wetsuit guys putting 4lb trim weights on the top of each of their shoulders so they can get trim. AL80's are just infinitely easier, plus they naturally stand up which is quite nice in sidemount if you don't like/want to dive with boots because of line traps or cave traps *they get caught on rocks when you're squeezing through stuff and can come off shockingly easily if you have to wiggle around*

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom