LP Inflator hose on pony ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not familiar with the incident, but it shouldn't be necessary. You should be able to orally inflate your wing and also swim up your rig. The gas will expand as you ascend, so it should get easier and easier. You can carry a lift bag for additional emergency lift if needed.

The wife and I are scuba divers but also dive with surface supplied air (Hookah). When on the Hookah, the wife uses a pony bottle to control her BCD. She can do this orally of course, but likes the ease of pressing the inflator button. You can see this in action here where the wife and our son are diving at the Poor Knights Island using the Hoohak. I'm the guy on scuba with the white tank and she's the one with the small 13 cuft yellow pony on her back.

Notice that the son is not using a BCD and has no boueyancy issues despite using a two piece 5mm wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom