LP second stage oring shore rating questions and size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum: What superlyte27 said and, to answer your question, since you asked: If my life will be depending on an O-ring staying together and in place I suggest that I will buy the best available. Being an extreme Patriot, I try to buy everything I can that is made by Americans and in the USA to try to keep our brothers and sisters working and off welfare and my Social Security checks coming in. Others may disagree. Since the Chinese have a history of dumping inferior products on the ignorant American consumers, along with manipulating their currency to their advantage over our Dollar and, in my and others opinion, surely they are the closest thing that we have to an enemy, I think that a prudent person would stay away from anything that their life depends on made in that particular country, not to mention Mexico, Bengladesh, India and some other fourth world sinkholes. Just my opinion of course. You surely have your own. Cheers.

Garrobo, thank you for the considered answer. I get a bit testy about the "buy American" or more specifically the "don't buy Chinese" as I have ties to both countries as well as a couple of others that have slightly better reputations. As for politics, if international business and your explanation of your patriotic reasons aren't political, then we definitely have a different understanding of the word.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree about the reliability of foreign made products because both sides (in my opinion) have strong arguments and it's not worth getting upset about.

Thank you again for a reasoned response to my post. And now, back to the topic...

Uhhhhhh....Let's see. Politics is spelled p-o-l-i-t-i-c-s and patriot is spelled p-a-t-r-i-o-t. I would think that even a semi-educated person would notice the difference.

Don't know where you're located, but if you go to Divegearexpress.com they have a nice prepackaged/assortment of Viton 'O' rings that cover most needs....

Thanks guys. I've got what I need. PS; I put my life on the line daily in my foreign cars as do millions of others.. If my foreign built master cylinder fails I'll run into an american built house, so thatll create some american jobs, no?? :)

Dave

With 30,000,000 jobless and many others not recorded because they have quit looking, I wouldn't be so flip about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom