Luxfer 4350Psi AL Tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
I was just browsing the Luxfer site and noticed that they offer a 4350psi service pressure AL 106cuft and 85cuft tanks. (this might old news but it's new to me.)

It has some odd specs, see here : http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/scuba/specifications/us_imperial.shtml

interesting to see an AL tank with that high of a pressure rating, with almost the same size as a AL80....might be interesting to see one in action -- if you can get it filled, mind you!

maybe the onset of 300bar tanks in NA?

I've sold a few, paintballers seems to be the only ones interested in them. They have a 3 year hydo with a 15 year life, 300 bar 7/8 x 14 valve.

Basicly they are an alum 63 or 80 fiberglass wrapped.

Lee
www.seapearls.com

Tamas:
I was just browsing the Luxfer site and noticed that they offer a 4350psi service pressure AL 106cuft and 85cuft tanks. (this might old news but it's new to me.)

It has some odd specs, see here : http://www.luxfercylinders.com/products/scuba/specifications/us_imperial.shtml

interesting to see an AL tank with that high of a pressure rating, with almost the same size as a AL80....might be interesting to see one in action -- if you can get it filled, mind you!

maybe the onset of 300bar tanks in NA?

As I read somewhere, there is a steel tank on the pressure rate.....

Most tanks used for OW-courses over here are 300 bar/4400 psi 10 liter steel tanks, in combination with neoprene drysuits. Nothing to it, really. The drawback is that one cannot get full use of the air above 250-260 bar. One benefit is weight, which shaves off a lot of lead. Filling? Not an issue. Most compressors here handle 300 bar.

Nostromo:
I'm not sure I understand that.

e.a.e.

You have to consider the compressability of air if you go beyond 250 bar. At 300 bar you have an average loss of about 10% "effective" breathing air compared to tank volume X pressure.

KOMPRESSOR:
You have to consider the compressability of air if you go beyond 250 bar. At 300 bar you have an average loss of about 10% "effective" breathing air compared to tank volume X pressure.

I still can't follow. No matter what pressure tanks you are using, the IP is set on the 1st stage, so we can get a constant pressued air. Am I missing something here?:06:

hoosier:
I still can't follow. No matter what pressure tanks you are using, the IP is set on the 1st stage, so we can get a constant pressued air. Am I missing something here?:06:

Yes. When you fill a tank beyond 250-260 bar, the pressure rise more than the volume of the air you fill should indicate. Therefore you will not get the full -tank volume X pressure- out of it.

10 liter x 200 bar = 2000 liter
15 liter x 200 bar = 3000 liter

10 liter x 300 bar should therefore be 3000 liter, but it is only about 2700 "effective" liters. The compressability of nitrogen and oxygen differs above 250-260 bar. Therefore you end up with this result.

I have some problems describing this in English and I suppose getting it in Norwegian wouldn't help you much, would it?!

hoosier:

I don't get it either... If you lose 10% where does it go?

e.a.e.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom