Luxury diving destination - Need your help, please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Hawaii on the radar screen? There are some very nice resorts ( Mauna Kea, Farimont) on the north coast of the Big Island with a very nice dive op close by, Kohala divers.

Thanks for the good suggestion. Being on the west coast, we've done Hawaii a fair number of times. We decided on Lizard Island. We also did the Mike Ball liveaboard and the minke whale expedition. We just got back and can report that it was a great trip. DiverSteve, you mentioned that you may be interested in some of the destinations we were considering. Let me know if you want feedback on these and I'll be happy to pass some along.

I see you have already gone . . . but I'm sorry I didn't suggest Byron Bay, Australia, to you. There are a number of 4 to 5 star resorts there, the town is lovely, and the diving is fantastic. It is certainly someplace I would strongly consider if I wanted to combine high-end lodging with really fascinating diving.

Thanks, TSandM. We undoubtedly will make it back to Oz at some point, so we appreciate the suggestion.

Reactions: Doc
I am a travel agent and can second that the Matrix-ITA Software is every bit as good as the Sabre or Amedeus Systems used by travel agents. And much more user friendly. :) So good that I have actually added it to my website for customers to use.
As to the "established" star rating. You have to take it with a pinch of salt. Many tour companies (most actually) give there own star rating for the resorts they use. No surprises when they tend to be a little biased to their favourite resorts. You also need to look at what factors are considered in order to qualify for "stars". Many do NOT impact the comfort of your trip as a diver.
Basically, choose your trip more from reviews by divers than Star Ratings.

Reactions: Doc
I don't know if Thailand is too far for you but I just booked week in Thailand on the Diva Andaman. Luxury liveaboard, Richeliu Rock. Need I say more?

Good Morning! I have a recommendation for your next trip (if I may). Stay here: Baraza Resort & Spa Zanzibar | The best resort and spa in Zanzibar Baraza Resort & Spa Zanzibar | and then for diving come with us at Rising Sun. It's a five minute walk on the beach or we can pick you up by car at reception. Baraza satisfies any definition of 5 *. Cheers!

Hey, that place looked pretty nice. Plus the rates for residents of East Africa were pretty cheap. Maybe I'll text my wife and tell her that I won't be home for a few extra years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom