Madison Blue Springs closed as of Jan 21, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Murphy is always a team member, that's what you plan for at least.

We had a guy who completely lost it and went into a full panic. Took his tank off, couldn't get it back on. Silted everything out and took off on us. It was not a good day but made us grateful for good training. Fortunately the diver in panic got things together and didn't get lost or die.

Reactions: Jax
We had a guy who completely lost it and went into a full panic. Took his tank off, couldn't get it back on. Silted everything out and took off on us. It was not a good day but made us grateful for good training. Fortunately the diver in panic got things together and didn't get lost or die.

Was he diving sidemount? (I can't think why else you'd take a tank off in a cave.)

There really aren't any details to report. The guy freaked out going into a smaller passage called Rocky Horror. It's not that small and there is no need to take off any equipment. I believe that he took his tank off in a panic. Because he panicked and started flailing all over the place and flutter kicking the vis went to zero. Once he was able to find the line he bolted on us. We had to swim through a good 300 ft of zero to near zero vis. We knew we were fine but since we didn't know where he was we were hoping to find him when the trail of silt ended. Fortunately we did. The only lesson to be learned is even divers who say they are experienced can panic for unknown reasons and you have to be prepared and trained to get yourself out of the cave. Other than that it was a great dive, lol.

How did you loose the 2x BU lights during his panic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those were probably unrelated

A hole apparently opened up in my pocket that I didn't know about

ok, thanks for the info. Rocky Horror isn't the real silt monster there. It's Potters Delight on exit of Rocky. Wow, been there, done that...made love to the line for a few hundred feet. Ken

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom