Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The proposal submitted covers the following information:

It would open the quarry to the public.
The quarry would be opened initially Friday, Saturday, and Sunday each week.
The quarry would be open upon request during the weekdays and off season.
The Water Board would have access to the quarry.
Liability would be removed from the Water Board and the City of Madison.
The Water Board would receive a guaranteed payment for usage of the quarry.

Thats it in a nutshell.

i'm Fred Massie of Martha's Quarry. This Should be a no brainer for the local government. Dive shops do better and collect more taxes when they have a local dive hole not to speak of the moneys diver will be giving up). When shops do better, they produce more divers, more divers means increased opertunities for all includeing those holding the keys, Why would I support quarry compotition? Because it's good for our sports and I'll get more north Al. divers if there are more of them. Good luck Britt, hope you get that passed

Britt,

By the way, thanks for heading this up. I hope Madison government gets smart on this one and allows it. It's fun to travel to dive, but it's nice to have something like Madison Quarry in our own backyard.

I signed it! That will be awesome if it opens:)

Britt- Can you give us an update or time period when you might receive a answer back from the water board? I am looking forward to diving Madison again!

Britt- Can you give us an update or time period when you might receive a answer back from the water board? I am looking forward to diving Madison again!

We are currently working on getting a contract written that will meet the needs of the Water Board and include recreational divers. I wish I could give you a date it will be ready, but it involves a lot of legalese and review.

It should be re-opened for snorklers and swimmers too. It's a real local treasure. HSV has no outdoor pool

Back
Top Bottom