Malapascua. A question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaFlea

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All.
It's been awhile since I have posted mainly because most of us were on a Covid Smack-Down and not able to travel. But things are looking better and I'm getting ready to retire from my job. Finally I will get some real time to enjoy one of the best things in life, diving! So my question, can anyone tell me the current state of the dive operators and resorts on Malapascua Island? I'm just trying to find out if they are up and running and accepting guests. The Philippines will be first on my travel list and I want to find a nice quiet place to relax and do some easy diving. The island looks like it will fit the bill nicely!!. Thank you for your time. Good dives, SeaFlea.

Nice quiet place? Indeed.
"Evolution" is my suggestion. And Matt might come in and update the situation.

Another quiet and very nice diving place is Southern Leyte. Linking these two places is NOT easy but well worth the effort if diving is the priority.
MNL - CEB(Cebu) - TAC(Tacloban)-MNL or vice versa.

Have a nice one.

Hi SeaFlea, hey Centrals(thanks for the recommendation as always!)

Malapascua is very much up and running, and has been for some time. A number of us have been operating since Dec 2020, when we were allowed to start accepting domestic tourism, and there was a decent amount of that.

So when the borders opened in Feb 2022 we were already in a position to immediately start accepting international tourists, and we've been very happy with the amount of visitors since then. Things are ramping up even more now and most places on the island are again open(if they didn't shut down entirely), and the island is feeling quite lively again. It's still Malapascua, so it's still a "nice quiet place" and I've no doubt you'll enjoy it.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the island - or if you're interested to book then best to send us a message on info@evolution.com.ph or on our FB or insta channels.

As a side note, thresher shark action has been pretty ridiculous recently so that's good. Plus there have been on and off sightings of 2 individual Tiger Sharks at Monad Shoal...so if you get lucky :)

Hope that helps,

Matt.

Malapascua is very much up and running, and has been for some time. A number of us have been operating since Dec 2020, when we were allowed to start accepting domestic tourism, and there was a decent amount of that.

So when the borders opened in Feb 2022 we were already in a position to immediately start accepting international tourists, and we've been very happy with the amount of visitors since then. Things are ramping up even more now and most places on the island are again open(if they didn't shut down entirely), and the island is feeling quite lively again. It's still Malapascua, so it's still a "nice quiet place" and I've no doubt you'll enjoy it.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the island - or if you're interested to book then best to send us a message on info@evolution.com.ph or on our FB or insta channels.

As a side note, thresher shark action has been pretty ridiculous recently so that's good. Plus there have been on and off sightings of 2 individual Tiger Sharks at Monad Shoal...so if you get lucky :)

Hope that helps,

Matt.
Previous customer, great operation

Hope that helps,

Matt.
Thank you Matt. I appreciate the info. I will definitely check with your shop when I finally get to plan a trip. It's been far too long since my last visit to the Philippines. Thanks again and take care.

Seaflea

I’m in Evolution now for a few days before getting on Infiniti leaveboards. Saw 4-5 Thresher Sharks in Kimud Shoal this morning. At one time we saw two of them getting cleaned together. Took a screen shot of my GoPro (mind the picture quality. At least you can recognize what it is). If you want to see Thresher Shark up close, this is the right place to be.

BDA0AA1F-E963-43E1-A571-CEAF170C6B91.jpeg

Greetings All.
It's been awhile since I have posted mainly because most of us were on a Covid Smack-Down and not able to travel. But things are looking better and I'm getting ready to retire from my job. Finally I will get some real time to enjoy one of the best things in life, diving! So my question, can anyone tell me the current state of the dive operators and resorts on Malapascua Island? I'm just trying to find out if they are up and running and accepting guests. The Philippines will be first on my travel list and I want to find a nice quiet place to relax and do some easy diving. The island looks like it will fit the bill nicely!!. Thank you for your time. Good dives, SeaFlea.
I was there a week after the restrictions were lifted in Feb.

All dive operators were open.

Back
Top Bottom