Malapascua madness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

he asked...

Traminer,
I did a couple of dives in Monad Shoal with TSD in Aug '05 and from what I remember, we left the island at exactly 5:30am. Of course when we got to the shoal, there were already boats from the different shops there. Were we too late? Doesnt matter, as long as you get to see the shark, imo. I saw a Thresher shark on my first dive, but I was not lucky on the second dive - I probably scared them with my flash:) The sharks are always in Monad shoal since its a cleaning station, you just have to be at the right place at the right time. As for the 5 dives and get 1 free deal with TSD, never done them, it sounds kinda, shall we say, fishy:)

On the subject of CO, there was this article, http://www.**********/news/safety/s060807.html. IMO, getting CO in your scuba tank is very remote. Its just one of the many risks in this sport.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time in Malapascua and dive safe.

edit: url should be www[dot]cdnn[info]

We dove a half hour to 45 minute later than all the other shops and on the way to the site we would pass the other boats already on thier return before we got to Monand shoal. But we were the only ones there when we did get there.

TSD grumble a bit about the Dona Marilyn as the transit does take some time but they did agree to do it and it was a good dive, a must do while your on the island, so let them know your intentions in advance and get thier agreement on it. If not go with another shop. They will usually do the Dona Marilyn with a a 2 dive stop at Gato island on the way back, you do the surface internal anchored in a large cave. The Tapilon is also interesting. But on the wrecks the currents can be strong so they will time it accordingly. I think your best bet is have a chat with them and the other divers who will be diving a see what everyone is interested in.

On a related note, is there an equivalent of a Point Bar or a Sabang Disco in Bad Christmas? Haven't been able to find much about night life on the island besides dynamite fishing.

Traminer:
On a related note, is there an equivalent of a Point Bar or a Sabang Disco in Bad Christmas? Haven't been able to find much about night life on the island besides dynamite fishing.

If you go to the farside of the island, there is a secret Japanese WWII bunker where a local entrepeneur has set up a full blown gogo bar underground... It's all hush hush... Just mention "the purple hammerhead" at the door and they'll let you in...:wink::wink:

pakman:
If you go to the farside of the island, there is a secret Japanese WWII bunker where a local entrepeneur has set up a full blown gogo bar underground... It's all hush hush... Just mention "the purple hammerhead" at the door and they'll let you in...:wink::wink:

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom