Malapascua: Third Choice for Dive Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I’ve gone through these threads, and both Evolution and Ocean Vida are booked for my dates (or at least one unavailable night). Does anyone have other recommendations for a dive and stay? Preferably smaller boats. I’ll be traveling as a solo female, so on the beaten path would be preferred. Thanks!

My wife and I stayed at Tepanee Beach Resort, and did our diving with Devocean Divers. Recommend both. Tepanee is great, and helped us do transfers from Cebu. We met several solo females who were staying there and were happy with their choice. Not a party place, and quiet…but you can walk to them from there. The restaurant is good. There is another good place to eat right next to it. Devocean Divers an easy 10-minute or so walk, with most of it on the main waterfront path. Good luck.

My wife and I stayed at Tepanee Beach Resort, and did our diving with Devocean Divers. Recommend both. Tepanee is great, and helped us do transfers from Cebu. We met several solo females who were staying there and were happy with their choice. Not a party place, and quiet…but you can walk to them from there. The restaurant is good. There is another good place to eat right next to it. Devocean Divers an easy 10-minute or so walk, with most of it on the main waterfront path. Good luck.
Had a great dive guide at Devocean Divers who was very interested in sharks and quite knowledgeable about shark behavior. He took us on his own itinerary away from the other divers on the boat. It was a great dive and would have been even better if the two Chinese divers had followed his instructions/guidelines.

We have been to Malapascua twice and Blanco Beach Resort was excellent.
Steps away from the main beach and secluded enough to be quiet and restful.
Check them out at http://blancobeachresort.com/ and Blanco Beach Resort Malapascua.
The owners were fantastic, always available and helped make our trips one of the best.

As for dive operators I would recommend Sea Explorers. Solid scuba shop and great client service.

Enjoy.

I stayed and dove with Malapascua Exotic Dive and Beach Resort in 2019. We had one of the beach front rooms and loved it. Everyone at the hotel as super nice, the dive boat was very spacious and comfortable. The equipment rental was in good shape well. Exotic is towards the end of the beach, which we liked, but it's a relatively short walk up and down the beach.

Exotic has been around many many yrs.
Other reputable operators are Sea Explorer and Thresher Shark.

I went in 2016 or 2017, and loved it. If it is a resort you can't go wrong. Small island and loved the people. Diving is absolutely fantastic! I'm now enthralled with thresher sharks!

Back
Top Bottom