Maldives footage using GoPro Hero 3+ Black.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carpster61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Watch in HD ... This was my first attempt using my GoPro Hero 3+ in the Maldives 2 weeks ago with Rasdhoo Divers off Kuramathi Island ... The SRP Red Dome Filter made ALL the difference. This was taken at about 17 meters depth. Using the GoPro without the filter would have been worthless for me. >>>>> My Movies - YouTube ..... :)

Did you use the SRP tray as well. I was looking at getting thier tray and light system for mine.

Hi, no I didn't I used an XSories U Shot extendable arm. I am new to GoPro diving and maybe I should have used a tray. As you can see from the footage there is a lot of movement and this was due to extending the pole to about 3 ft, therefore allowing it to move too much on the end. Of course I didnt realise this until i got back to London and replayed it. Even if I hadnt extended it, it would have significantly reduced movement.

One thing I do when I use the ushot extended is to use two hands...
One on the end of the handle.. And the other just about the middle... Maybe just using 2-3 fingers to help with balance... Helps to keep it steady... Esp for these shots u took. This is a good option ..

I personally prefer the big ushot .. That I dun have to extend all the way.. And the parts I extend are the thicker portion of it... Helps it from 'dangling'

Is this raw footage or did you edit it? Very nice, I think I'm leaning to the SRP filters.

Is this raw footage or did you edit it? Very nice, I think I'm leaning to the SRP filters.

Totally untouched, I wouldn't know how to edit. If you want another example of how great these filters are then check this link out. When the filter was off, all ofo this looked blue and grey, the filter brings it into another world. This is at about 17 meters with no lighting, effects or anything, just point and shoot ... >>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFA0otgV9M

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom