Managing computer, compass, & light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap:
I normally dive with a compass on my left wrist and computer on my right wrist. But have trouble at night putting them under the light.

Does the computer have a backlight that you can turn on that makes it easy, you don't need the dive light.

If you mount the computer on the left wrist how can you monitor your acent rate while venting air out of the BC at the same time? That is why everyone puts the computer on the right hand

Once my buddy's primary light failed. He goes for his backup only to find that it flooded (It worked for the predive check.) So I figure I will give him my backup light but I find find the darn thing. OK to prevent future screwup like that I turn on both lights before I go into the water. OK now I think if I will have my backup burning why not put it to use. I can mount the backup to my mask strap. Itwas ok but gare was distracting. Rubber band it to under side ofleft wrist, Hose mount it to SPG. OK you get the idea Now al you have to do is move the computer into the backup lights beam. You don't need a big backup. Iused an LED version of the UK Q4. it has a long burn time.

But my new computer has a good backlight

Why not just put comp and compass on your right wrist?
Thats what I do...

Thanks All

I think I'll try adding one more little decoration to the Xmas tree. I saw some 2 X AAA
that rate over 100 hours of burn time. That should be enough but not too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom