Manatee Dive-Crystal River FINAL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great news, my ear is feeling even more weird, back to how it was with the last infection, going to see ENT tomorrow, will let you know if i am in or not for this trip after that visit.

Weather however looks good, its going to be high 40's to low 50's when you start and only pick up to 60 or during the day before dropping back to low 40's overnight on saturday, brrrr, wrap up folks! :wink:

simon, won't you be able to come just for the snorkel portion? that's what i'm doing

H2Andy:
simon, won't you be able to come just for the snorkel portion? that's what i'm doing
I dont know, last time they said dont get them wet, even showering if you can help it. Will see and discuss the various upcoming trips tomorrow.

hmm... well, always better to err on the side of caution. don't want to make things
worse.

Well it looks like the weather gods are trying to put a chill on this trip with chilly temps. SO WHAT how many time do we want to stay in the water because its warmer there :wink: . I'm still hoping we will have a good turnout and folks will still dive the afternoon. Hopefully the manatees will want to snuggle.

forecast for Crystal River tomorrow:

Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
Chance of rain 20 percent.

49 F at 7:00 am, wind 9 mph
56 F at 10:00 am, wind 10 mph
62 F at 1:00 pm, wind 11 mph

should be fine for the snorkel. if you haven't done this before:

1. bring a coat to wear over your wetsuit before and after snorkel
2. bring a towel to towel your wetsuit "dry" after snorkel; then put on coat
3. bring a cap or hat (the warmer the better) to cover your head

you should do fine if you are thus equipped

Ok folks the ENT said i should be ok for this, just be careful. So i am going to snorkel, but not dive this weekend. I will be amongst the other injured parties there. I will try to pick up the banner tonight off Pete.

Southwest owe me a free flight due to a previously cancelled dive trip. If you have another get together, and I am in the country, and allowed to get back through customs with my newly stamped visa fresh in my passport, I may join up with you folks!! Enjoy the weekend!!

Just found out that a friend may be able to come too.
So we may be 3 instead of 2. Hrmm.. I sound like borg.
Looking forward to it.
I haven't tried manatee before. Mmm,mmmm.

Pete is coming with another 3 people, there is just enough room on the boat for them according to Suzie - anyone else who wants to come had better call up real soon though. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom