Manila Airport Hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Anna,

I think they have hot showers even for the dorms at Malate pensionne.

I've done the late flight into Manila[with hangover], early flight to DGT a few times, and it sucks @#$%. As Jag said 20-30 should be more than enough to get you to the airport in the morning...

Let me know when you are around and I/we will try to pop round to El D for a drink or two, I am in and out of there now and then.

Re San Carlos, are you just going there? Or going to Cebu? I don't know of any other way than the Ceres liner to get there...around here they are called the "killer bus" as they don't stop for anything, and you just see a flash of yellow passing you by :D Don't recall any accidents recently though.

Good luck with the trip and let me know if there's anything I can do while you are in town...

I'm going to Sipaway Island via San Carlos. It's easier to get there via Cebu (the resort would pick me up), but I'm going diving at Siquijor and Dauin first. I've emailed the resort for info on arriving via Dumaguete and hopefully, they'll respond soon with good news.

I'm confirmed at El D for February 6-13. Definitely pop by if you're able! I've yet to meet any PPDers so it'll be a treat. Where are you located? I believe you used to be affiliated with Atlantis... are you self-employed now?

if i've understood correctly then you just take the fast ferry(2-3hrs i think) to Cebu when you are done in Siquijor/Dauin, and get them to pick you up from there...

Or was there another reason to go via San Carlos?

we'll miss you by a week (Feb 20-23 in dauin)...have a blast.
Aw, too bad. Thank you anyway though, Caloy!

if i've understood correctly then you just take the fast ferry(2-3hrs i think) to Cebu when you are done in Siquijor/Dauin, and get them to pick you up from there...

Or was there another reason to go via San Carlos?
Does the ferry to Cebu drop me off anywhere close to the airport? The resort's pick-up service is from the airport (Toledo?). I'm under the impression that the Duma-Cebu ferry drops off somewhere on the island of Cebu, but then it's about 3 hrs to the airport.

Hello
I stayed at Mabuhay Manor - pretty near the airport, maybe 10 minutes by shuttle or cab. Nice and clean, free breakfast but like me you will have to leave too early. I would probably stay there again for the short overnight between flights. ALso stayed at El Dorado - loved it. Nice room and breakfast for about $35US, free nitrox, and more weird creatures right offshore than you can imagine. I preferred the close dives to the boat dives to nearby islands, would definitely go there again.
JOhn

Does the ferry to Cebu drop me off anywhere close to the airport? The resort's pick-up service is from the airport (Toledo?). I'm under the impression that the Duma-Cebu ferry drops off somewhere on the island of Cebu, but then it's about 3 hrs to the airport.

the ferry terminal is about 30-45 minutes to the mactan airport in cebu. i guess you can take a cab from the ferry terminal. you will have to haggle though. maybe if you tell them you will be taking the ferry, they may swing by the pier to pick you up?

the ferry terminal is about 30-45 minutes to the mactan airport in cebu. i guess you can take a cab from the ferry terminal. you will have to haggle though. maybe if you tell them you will be taking the ferry, they may swing by the pier to pick you up?
Good information... thank you! I'm still waiting for the resort's response re: travel from Dumaguete.

Another question/hijack...

I'm planning on flying within the PI with Philippine Airlines. Their flight from Manila to Dumaguete, for example, is only $37 CDN. This is for the Fiesta Economy flight which includes 44# of luggage. I've been all over their website but nowhere does it specify how many pieces of luggage for PI flights. I've found a chart on their website and for local flights, it reads N/A. Do you think I can take two pieces of checked luggage? Their overweight fees are quite reasonable... 39PHP/1 kg. I reckon if I have 75# of luggage, I'll only pay around $15 CDN for excess luggage. Does this sound right? :confused:

Or, I can buy two economy fiesta tickets and get 88# of luggage allowance. Business class is more than the cost of two economy tix and only allows 66# of luggage.

I've tried calling PAL in Vancouver but no one answered plus I'm not sure how much they'll know about flights back in the PI.

Thanks again!

local airlines do not have limits on number of baggage. just the total weight. i suggest you buy their flying sportsman card ($35 a long time ago) which will give you 30kgs (66lbs) extra for your dive gear everytime you fly PAL.

local airlines do not have limits on number of baggage. just the total weight. i suggest you buy their flying sportsman card ($35 a long time ago) which will give you 30kgs (66lbs) extra for your dive gear everytime you fly PAL.
Thx for the info, jigo! I recall reading something about buying excess weight for flights but couldn't find anything on PAL's website about it. I'll not mention dive gear and see what happens.

just to be clear, you pay $35 for the card just once and i think its good for all flights you make with PAL for three years. for cebu pacific, you can pay for excess baggage in advance and get a 20% discount. i think PAL's card is a better deal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom