Manufacturer Warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually you have the option of ordering from numerous on-line retailers. They are legitimate and reputable businesses which buy via back channels, but they are NOT authorized dealers. Leisure Pro and Scuba Toys are some of the names, there are many others. You loose the manufactures warrenties in some cases (such a Aqualung or ScubaPro) and have to trust the retailer to cover you through their warrenty. It is a risk, but a reasonable risk for many.

ScubaToys are authorized dealers for everything they sell. They don't do grey market.

ScubaToys are authorized dealers for everything they sell. They don't do grey market.

I am not sure about this - I just edited my post to remove their name in case I was in error. They are stand up guys for sure. I have done business with both LP and ST, generally with good results.

Thanx alot guys.

I prefer to take the risk of buying some stuff with really cheap price rather than paying extra 2000 dollar of having stuff won't be damaged for couple of years.

Also, it is unfair BECAUSE the aussie stores are selling these products for very very very expensive price. The package from USA will cost only 1300 USD whereas in australia it costs more 3800 australian dollar. THATS TOO MUCH TO PAY, although this store is a dealer.

Aqua Lung in USA should protect the customer by adding some extra policies of not elevating the cost in such a way, it's really painful when you see people enjoying high quality equipment for cheap prices whilst others are paying double and triple the amount, isn't it?

This is a perfect example of local stores putting themselves out of business. Given the high up front costs the chances of ever breaking even with the "free parts for life" is remote. You would be better off skipping the "free parts" and just buying a new regulator on line when the old one starts to act up. Or better yet why not just buy a regulator from a company that does not try to pull this nonsense like Dive Rite or Salvo.

mRNA

You are right about the cost of gear in Australia, it is just ridiculous sometimes :shakehead:

Just stuff to note about buying products online:

If the good is over $1000 you might attract taxes when it is shipped into the country. Read this article for more information When buying over the internet

With Aqualung I believe you won't get a manufacturer's warranty if you buy online, however given the price difference I would not bother about a warranty.

Basically some companies impose a minimum retail price (Aqualung and Scubapro I am pretty certain do this). It is illegal in Australia but nothing has been done about this. Oceanic was busted recently but got a slap on the wrist. Anyway, those products are not allowed to be discounted more than 10% but I would still approach a dive store, show them the cost of the online store and say unless they come close you will buy elsewhere. It is a buyer's market at the moment. I got a computer for half price doing this as I told the store that their computer was double the online cost and it was unrealistic to pay so much more for a warranty.

Is there some reason you need Aqualung products? If not, I would suggest speaking to Chriso at www.divetub.com (an Australian store), he will price match the US I believe (or close to). He sells mainly Zeagle. If you are local to Melbourne area, I can suggest a few stores locally to here as well that are similar.

thanx alot guys.

thanx saspotato.

Thanx for the website in Melbourne they really have good stuff, I'm just wondering about one thing which is the quality of this product (Zeagle), is it good? did u try this brand yourself?

What regulators would you recommend? Because Aqua Lung has the Legend LX regulator which has the Air-Closure Device (ACD) which keeps the first stage inside really dry and clean. Also, their Legend LX is designed for diving mostly in any underwater temperature (even in ice diving).

3rd question plz, if you know the Zeagle very well, what BCD would you suggest?

-----

Mr Carcharodon, thanx for the reply.
well, you're absolutely true but what can we do? the prices are unrealistic at all. Even the courses prices are really expensive. I believe they have good training quality but the training quality can be found anywhere on the planet which entirely depend on the instructor. So I really wana go with internet prices.

thanx guys

thanx alot guys.

thanx saspotato.

Thanx for the website in Melbourne they really have good stuff, I'm just wondering about one thing which is the quality of this product (Zeagle), is it good? did u try this brand yourself?

What regulators would you recommend? Because Aqua Lung has the Legend LX regulator which has the Air-Closure Device (ACD) which keeps the first stage inside really dry and clean. Also, their Legend LX is designed for diving mostly in any underwater temperature (even in ice diving).

3rd question plz, if you know the Zeagle very well, what BCD would you suggest?

-----

Mr Carcharodon, thanx for the reply.
well, you're absolutely true but what can we do? the prices are unrealistic at all. Even the courses prices are really expensive. I believe they have good training quality but the training quality can be found anywhere on the planet which entirely depend on the instructor. So I really wana go with internet prices.

thanx guys

Divetub is not in Melbourne actually, I meant if you lived in Melbourne I could give you some local shops you can go to rather than an online store :)

I have a lot of friends with Zeagle products. I have tried the BP/W myself and found it good (it is quite cheap also). I have not tried any of the normal style BCDs and I probably wouldn't recommend any brand of BC as I prefer BP/W setup. With the regulators, I have Scubapro currently but will buy Zeagle most likely when I get my new set based on what friends have told me, the price, the good service offered by the Divetub owner and the option of learning to service them myself (difficult to get service kits in Australia for other brands, but Zeagle sells them to customers without hassle). If you email Divetub I am sure you can get a lot more advice about what would suit you best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom