March 15th Pt. Lobos Planning Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. I drove by there and didn't see any snow. Lucky. We dove and everyone missed some fantastic viz.

..................... okay, just kidding. The viz wasn't that great but, as Doc Wong says, good training dive. :) I'll do my report later.

Ok so my luck with the storms came to an end. We did get a little rain. We did have some wind. We did have some swells. We did have a nice time with our friends.:D

Those of you who decided not to come out due to the weather you were right. To those of you who said the hell with it I'm going anyway, thanks for making a crummy day fun. I do enjoy riding the swells myself, sure beats kicking to get where were going:wink:. We had a little chilli, and conversation afterwards. And Later Dan, Dave, Michelle, Laural and Barbera met Msbrew and I at Gianni's for some dinner and beers.

So as dive days go, there have been better. But all in all I'd say the goal of making new friends was met. And next time when the conditions are better, we can all tell stories of the day we rode the washing machine at point Lobos.

Ok so my luck with the storms came to an end. We did get a little rain. We did have some wind. We did have some swells. We did have a nice time with our friends.:D

Those of you who decided not to come out due to the weather you were right. To those of you who said the hell with it I'm going anyway, thanks for making a crummy day fun. I do enjoy riding the swells myself, sure beats kicking to get where were going:wink:. We had a little chilli, and conversation afterwards. And Later Dan, Dave, Michelle, Laural and Barbera met Msbrew and I at Gianni's for some dinner and beers.

So as dive days go, there have been better. But all in all I'd say the goal of making new friends was met. And next time when the conditions are better, we can all tell stories of the day we rode the washing machine at point Lobos.

Hey....

I was there with Zen_Man and his wife Sunny for The Camaradirie!!!

I agree Ron, even though the weather and ocean conditions didn't cooperate we still had another great M&G! We met and greeted some new and familiar friends...isn't that what it's all about? Thank you Ron and Carrie for the chili lunch yesterday and coffee this morning. :blinking:

Hey....

I was there with Zen_Man and his wife Sunny for The Camaradirie!!!

Yeah, it was nice seeing you at lunch Jim and finally meeting Buck. It was really special meeting little Buck...what an awesome kid! Tell him I love his hair and not to listen to everyone's opinions. :wink:

Hey, it was great meeting everyone!!! After my buddy, Greg, and I helped everyone in the water, it took us a bit to get our equipment on, do our pre-dive checks then get into the water and put bottles on and get our scooters going. I don't blame you guys for descending, we took way too long.

When everyone descended, I figured no problem, we would be able to find your bubbles and find everyone...no dice, the viz was let us say..lacking?;-) And I couldn't see any bubbles on the surface. Anyway we hung out on the surface for quite awhile and we started getting cold, so we changed bottles and went for our second dive.

On dive 2, we scootered out to Beto's Reef, then to the Sisters, then to Short Cut Reef. The viz was much much better in deeper waters and we had a good dive. Viz opened up to 20 feet or so which was plenty for us to navigate on our scooters. Going out of the cove was interesting as sometimes with the current working against us, we hardly made any headway.

Coming back and doing our stops in the surge was entertaining. By the time we got out, it was around 1:30, I think, just when the tide was at it's lowest, making it difficult to get out, but we managed!

Hey, it was great meeting everyone!!! After my buddy, Greg, and I helped everyone in the water, it took us a bit to get our equipment on, do our pre-dive checks then get into the water and put bottles on and get our scooters going. I don't blame you guys for descending, we took way too long.

When everyone descended, I figured no problem, we would be able to find your bubbles and find everyone...no dice, the viz was let us say..lacking?;-) And I couldn't see any bubbles on the surface. Anyway we hung out on the surface for quite awhile and we started getting cold, so we changed bottles and went for our second dive.

On dive 2, we scootered out to Beto's Reef, then to the Sisters, then to Short Cut Reef. The viz was much much better in deeper waters and we had a good dive. Viz opened up to 20 feet or so which was plenty for us to navigate on our scooters. Going out of the cove was interesting as sometimes with the current working against us, we hardly made any headway.

Coming back and doing our stops in the surge was entertaining. By the time we got out, it was around 1:30, I think, just when the tide was at it's lowest, making it difficult to get out, but we managed!

It was great seeing you and meeting Greg! Sorry we missed you out in the water. :( We were getting really cold waiting on the surface and weren't sure what the plan was, so we decided to decend. Next time we'll plan it better and get in after you guys get your equipment ready. Did you ever find Itchy and Scratchy?

Actually no, we didn't find them. I'll scout around more and really learn where they are so I can show everyone. Yea, next time we'll get in first to make sure those with wet suites don't have to wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom