Mares bungees or spring strap options for Mares Quattros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made a pair of bungee straps for my old Tusa's cuz the stock straps were hard to take off. The bundees are still going strong after 150 plus dives.

Ronski101,... Great News. We started the Bungee strap system on Force Fins 20 years ago. Good to see the Dive Industry making this now a standard issue.

Just got a pair of the Mares Power Planas with the Bungee. They definitely hold to the boot and Mares states that they make the bungee strap out of the same material that they use for their spearguns. Seems bulletproof!? JMO

While not as "bullet proof" as some metal buckle, SS spring XS Scuba spring straps I think they'll hold up well enough. Having said that I'd still be inclined to carry a spare if doing an extended liveaboard in some remote location. With metal buckle SS springs I wouldn't feel the need to do so. JMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom