Mares Divelogs Export program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you still looking for sample files? Are you even still working on this? I can send you Mares M2 mdf files if you like? I would like to understand how to get my "dive profile" out. I looked at the file in access, and didn't see the dive profile.

Waterskier1:
Are you still looking for sample files? Are you even still working on this? I can send you Mares M2 mdf files if you like? I would like to understand how to get my "dive profile" out. I looked at the file in access, and didn't see the dive profile.
Hello

A lot of time I didn't work on this program (in stand-by...)
The profile is in the field 'Sample'
It's a Memo field. There is a value registered every 20 seconds, each value is 16 caracters long. Deepth is the first 5 caracters of each value;
Other caracters are flags for deco or other.
In the Mares program, deco is recalculated by the software.

If you want to try a very earlier pre-version :D , you can get it at ftp://squiplanche.homeip.net/pub/Plongee/Materiel/Mares/
No installation required, just copy and launch it. Only metric measures !
Tested on Win2000sp4 and XP SP2.
Yes, I'm interested by your M2 files.
You can upload it at ftp://squiplanche.homeip.net/upload/

DuboisP:
Hello

I'm currently writing a small Windows program to allow export divelogs from the Mares Iris software ( which lacks this feature).
I have a M1 RGBM, but I need divelogs from others Mares computers, specially from the Airlab, Darwin Air and Nemo.
If you have a Mares Iris interface and one of these computers, can you send me the file DIVES.mdb, so I will analyse the supplementary datas to export.
Of course, your logs will be confidential, and I will be happy to receive your requests of features.
The software will be first written in French, and translated in English, and available to anyone for free.

Thanks

Good luck with that database, the same database is used for all computers but the format for profile data is not the same for each computer.
this is the resion there software has to be re-started if you change the computer in the settings.

TheGoast:
this is the reason there software has to be re-started if you change the computer in the settings.
rather a lazy programmer...
it's can be easily do with some work, but I think nobody have all the Mares computers so there's no reason to do it !

I downloaded your program, but when I try to export, the only option I have is "to SDM 2.xx " which I tried, but can not find where the file was placed, if it was even written. I would prefer exporting to CSV, or some other file with I could inport to Excel.

How difficult would it be to incorporate Imperial units also?

I tried to upload my M2 Data file but only get error messages from your server. Would you like me to email it to you?

Waterskier1:
I downloaded your program, but when I try to export, the only option I have is "to SDM 2.xx " which I tried, but can not find where the file was placed, if it was even written. I would prefer exporting to CSV, or some other file with I could inport to Excel.

How difficult would it be to incorporate Imperial units also?

I tried to upload my M2 Data file but only get error messages from your server. Would you like me to email it to you?
oh, sorry, in fact, there is no export function at this time !
only the menu... I will disable it if other people download it.
I will sent you a eMail adress by provate message
for imperials units, I don't have samples

Hello All

I'm working again on this project.
I need files in imperial from the Mares softwares Iris and Drak to do reverse engineering, as the demo dives from Mares are not accurate (datas are mixed in metrics and imperial), for all computers.
Your datas will be private, of course.

You can send me a PM or a mail by Scubaboard

Thanks

Hello All

I'm working again on this project.
I need files in imperial from the Mares softwares Iris and Drak to do reverse engineering, as the demo dives from Mares are not accurate (datas are mixed in metrics and imperial), for all computers.
Your datas will be private, of course.

You can send me a PM or a mail by Scubaboard

Thanks

I will send you a Drak database file latter today. I will see if I can find my old Iris database file to send also. I used Iris with my M2, which has been replaced with the Nemo Wide, and at that time I had to abandon Iris for Drak. I started manually importing the data from the M2 (Iris) database into the Drak database to recover dives I did with that computer, but it was more effort than I had time for. The databases are NOT the same (different fields in each) although I'm sure a database engineer could easily write something to import the applicable fields from Iris to Drak.

How do you want me to send the file(s)? Do you have an email our URL to post them to?

-Rick

I will send you a Drak database file latter today. I will see if I can find my old Iris database file to send also. I used Iris with my M2, which has been replaced with the Nemo Wide, and at that time I had to abandon Iris for Drak. I started manually importing the data from the M2 (Iris) database into the Drak database to recover dives I did with that computer, but it was more effort than I had time for. The databases are NOT the same (different fields in each) although I'm sure a database engineer could easily write something to import the applicable fields from Iris to Drak.

How do you want me to send the file(s)? Do you have an email our URL to post them to?

-Rick
the databases IRis and Drak are the same, with little difference for some fields, depending also from the computer.
I will be happy to check for a M2 and a Nemo Wide

You can upload them at ftp://squiplanche.homeip.net/upload/
Please rename the files to avoid overwriting

thanks

I tried to FTP, and got the following error message:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 DuboisP FTP Server ready.
Command: USER anonymous
Response: 331 Authentification anonyme OK, envoyez votre adresse de courriel complète comme mot de passe
Command: PASS **************
Response: 230-Welcome, user anonymous@xxx.net on the DuboisP ftp server
Response: 230-
Response: 230-if you find useful my FTP site, tell me at squiplanche@free.fr
Response: 230-The local time is: Wed Jul 7 23:37:10 2010
Response: 230 Accès anonyme autorisé, application des restrictions
Command: SYST
Response: 215 UNIX Type: L8
Command: FEAT
Response: 211-Fonctionnalités :
Response: MDTM
Response: MFMT
Response: LANG fr-FR
Response: UTF8
Response: MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
Response: MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
Response: REST STREAM
Response: SIZE
Response: 211 Fin
Command: OPTS UTF8 ON
Response: 200 UTF-8 activé
Command: CWD /upload
Response: 250 Commande CWD exécutée avec succès
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/upload" est le répertoire courant
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type paramétré à I
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (82,246,82,99,182,105).
Command: MLSD
Response: 150 Ouverture d'une connexion de données en mode ASCII pour MLSD
Response: 226 Téléchargement terminé
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 DuboisP FTP Server ready.
Command: USER anonymous
Response: 331 Authentification anonyme OK, envoyez votre adresse de courriel complète comme mot de passe
Command: PASS **************
Response: 230-Welcome, user anonymous@xxx.net on the DuboisP ftp server
Response: 230-if you find useful my FTP site, tell me at squiplanche@free.fr
Response: 230-The local time is: Wed Jul 7 23:38:06 2010
Response: 230 Accès anonyme autorisé, application des restrictions
Command: OPTS UTF8 ON
Response: 200 UTF-8 activé
Status: Starting upload of D:\Program Files\Mares\IRIS2\Iris_M2_data.mdb
Command: CWD /upload
Response: 250 Commande CWD exécutée avec succès
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type paramétré à I
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (82,246,82,99,136,211).
Command: STOR Iris_M2_data.mdb
Response: 550 Iris_M2_data.mdb: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Error: Critical file transfer error

I am sorry, but don't speak French, so not sure what this means. Also, I just tried a simple FTP, maybe I need to do something else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom