Mares Divelogs Export program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubois,

What is it that you want to do with Drak profiles? Drak does allow you to export a dive log. Some data massaging is required to make it useful after the export but it only takes me a few mins to convert it into a useful format for Excel spreadsheets. Here's what I do:

1. Using the report export feature in Drak I export the data into an ascii txt file format.

2. I open the txt file in MS Word and delete all the information that is not a dive data point -- I delete dates, temperature, time of day, etc. (see attached image1 step 1)

3. With Edit>Replace I break out the data point cluster into groups of four digits separated by a manual line break (image1 steps 2 and 3).

4. I delete all groups of four digits that are not referring to depth. These usually refer to fast ascents, deco obligations, etc. (image1 step 4)

5. I delete the empty manual line breaks that remain behind in between the depth data points (image1 step 5)

6. After saving the resulting file in Word under the ascii txt format, I open it in MS Excel. The data points seen in Excel are decimeter depth readings taken every 20 seconds during the dive. It does not matter if you have your computer set to imperial or Drak set to imperial, the export will always be in decimeters. Therefore I have to make the conversion to feet in Excel and then I can do things like graphing the dive profile, find depth averages, calculate SAC rates, etc. (see attached image2)

My computer is a Mares Puck and I have no problem sending you my Drak dives.mdb file. Just pm me your email address.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 53
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Excellent!. Thanks for sharing, Dubois. I'll try it out and I'll let you know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom