Mares Morphos Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prudent_Rabbit:
I have the Ltd Edition Mares Morphos, yes it can oral inflate, and no its not kept in the pocket, just above, and it needs to be pulled fully out before you can inflate, however its very easy to operate and I have had no probs. Done 65 dives with the BCD, and never a problem, very comfy, once you get used to Air trim, its the best and I wouldnt hesitate to reccomend to anybody

great news for me, Im seriously considering the ltd ed morphos, dont really care for the ltd part, but love how its just looks so comfy. you, my friend, have just nudged me further down that road

-kk-:
great news for me, Im seriously considering the ltd ed morphos, dont really care for the ltd part, but love how its just looks so comfy. you, my friend, have just nudged me further down that road

The Limited is not that much different from the standard... It's slightly more streamline in the water, and the material is a bit tougher... but aside from that and a little numbered plate, no one will ever tell the difference. The only thing I didn't like was a price tag in the $800 range, but now that we haven them below $400, I'd personally take the LTD over the standard.

What is the ltd part you don't like?

scubatoys:
The Limited is not that much different from the standard... It's slightly more streamline in the water, and the material is a bit tougher... but aside from that and a little numbered plate, no one will ever tell the difference. The only thing I didn't like was a price tag in the $800 range, but now that we haven them below $400, I'd personally take the LTD over the standard.

What is the ltd part you don't like?

I guess the minor tweaking and asking more clams for it (seems like hype, though i really like the standard, and love the material of the ltd), but since the price has come down quite a bit, i dont mind spending the extra getting it.

Hi all!

I tried the Morphos for the first time yesterday on a night dive. I was thinking of doing a first try-out in the pool but the temptation to take it yesterday was too big.

So in short, its great!

You'll probably find better reviews elsewhere but I'll try to give some insight.
1- Airtrim: Placement of button is very good and after 5min in the water you "naturally" reach down to use the two buttons. Yellow for dumping which is quite fast but gradual. Grey for inflation which is slower but this is actually very good. The only "drawback" which is quite surprising at frst is that is almost completely silent. Inflation doesn't squeeze the body at all because most of it is dorsal (cool! I feel almost DIR with wings and all ;-) )
2- Dump valves: front one is strangely placed (low and in front) and I fumbled a couple of times trying to grab it. The back one is "traditionally" placed and poses no no problems. I think I'll get used to the front one but then again you don't relly need it because the airtrim works in any position.
3- Confort: This BC is the most comfortable one I have ever tried and by placing 2kgs in the back trim pockets the balance is fantastic on and under water.
4- MRS weights: (don't come standard but I wanted them) No problem once they are in. But don't try to place them after having put on the BC! Slide them in before and make sure they are well secured in the rails.
For the rest no problem. I tried the oral inflator and it works ok. And no, it is not in the pocket it pokes out just beside the airtrim and you can easily reach it to pull it out. D-ring are well placed. The only thing I don't like so much, but that's a matter of personal taste I think, is the Mares tank buckle system. Not that it's not good or anything, its just a bit complicated to adjust. So I replaced it with a "classic" scubapro buckle which I prefer. (I had already done this on my previous Mares BC)
Overall a great product!

That's all for now,
Bye,
Steven

steven_bennett:
4- MRS weights: (don't come standard but I wanted them)

Actually, yes... they do. We've gotten in hundreds of units, and every one has the weight system with them. Now I guess any shop has the right to remove them and sell them separate... but from the factory, the Mares Morphos LE does include the weight pockets.

Hi,

(MRS doesn't come standard here in Europe)
Small question; I want to mount a knife on my Morphos, where would be the best place? suggestions anyone?

Steven

Great question Steven--I'd also like to know the answer to that. The only place that I feel like might be a good spot is right near the metal plate on the right hand side.

scubatoys:
Actually, yes... they do. We've gotten in hundreds of units, and every one has the weight system with them. Now I guess any shop has the right to remove them and sell them separate... but from the factory, the Mares Morphos LE does include the weight pockets.

Just to clarify: In North America we include the pockets. In some countries they prefer to sell the BC without pockets and the pockets are an accessory. The decision is made by each country based on the demands of the market.

Phil

I just recently got the Limited edition and took it for a test dive in a local (shallow) indoor pool.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that the rear-lower airtrim vavle doesn't dump as effeciently as the top one. I found myself having to adjust my position in the water (upright) in order to dump completely.

Is this just related to the shallow depth ~9 feet? Do I possibly have a faulty rear-lower valve? Anyone have a similar problem, or know what I'm doing wrong?

Just to further explain, if I'm almost vertical facing downward, I can feel the air coming out (against my leg) and then it stops...but there's still air in the jacket.

BTW, before anyone asks: I didn't buy it at a LDS...I got if online at ScubaToys so I can't easily just try another one to compare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom