Mares new BCs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first problem with the IDI Ballistic BC was spontaneous dumping of the integrated weight system. I had only 8 lbs in each pocket when one of the weight pockets fell out. I wasn't very deep and immediately dumped all the air in the BC and managed the situation pretty well. I thought it might have been improper use on my part at first, but after checking everthing carefully it happened two more times. I wised up after the first time and put a lanyard around the weight pocket handle and attached it to a D-ring with a quick release. It kept the weights from going straight down, and could be easily released if needed. The front of the weight system just hangs open. It even looks like they will fall right out.

On the plus side, the IDI Ballistic had extreme padding, and was very nice fitting. The adjustable torso track was nice, and it had lots of D-rigng for all the techies. If IDI could improve the weight system, in my opinion, it would be a very great BC.

I use the same method of attaching the weights on my Mares Dragonfly, just in case.

I

The air trim is well situated
just nexr to your hand,there is no inflater moving around somethimes difficult to grab.
becose this air trim is not moving it is more resistant to domage.
Plus on those stab's you have always the correct purge going on ( no mather you go down head or feet first for example).
You also have posterior iflatebel wings wich stabilaze well your thank ( you also can use twin bottles )

A few problems for me:
You body as to know how to use your stab. ( you never know)
There is not enough experience with the air trim.
On the surface the stab tend to flip ahead ( face into water ) in case of problems on surface : difficulte to breathe.
Certainly a little bit complecate to fix if malfuctionning

i am sorry my written inglish is not too good

thanks

FA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom