Mares new limited edition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw:
You know what's weird about that comment jonnythan? I meant it the good way about shops that do discount and you took it the wrong way. My perfect example of the mentality of this thread and looking for everything that's wrong with it and not the good things in it. It's really a no win situation.
If I walk into a shop, and there's a price tag on an item, that should be the price everyone walking through the door has to pay. If the "good boy" diver who never buys off the internet gets a big discount and I have to pay full price or haggle for a small discount, that's just wrong. A place like that will not get my business.

jonnythan:
If I walk into a shop, and there's a price tag on an item, that should be the price everyone walking through the door has to pay. If the "good boy" diver who never buys off the internet gets a big discount and I have to pay full price or haggle for a small discount, that's just wrong. A place like that will not get my business.

Ahhh....but what you don't know won't hurt you...will it! :eyebrow:

Millions of cars are sold ever year in just this way. Not everyone pays the same price. It depends on your trade-in, your repeat buyer status, your knowledge of the product and it's value.
I discount to stay competitive. I look at the successful people in my area and I follow like a puppy dog in their trail. Some stores are afraid of the internet, I embrace it. I can offer the same price with warranty. Unfortunately, I don't get the first call because people assume they get the best price on the internet. But anyway that is a whole different thread! :wink:

Well - think on this, Mares dealers...

Do you expect your clientele to believe you next time Mares introduces the "newest, greatest dive innovation since sliced bread?" It appears the majority won't.

Something to think about.

Debraw:
If it gear that will last through the years then yes this will serve the purpose. If you are looking for style then yes, this is it.

I know that the entire board is tired of me singing this same old song; I am sorry, but here is one more verse.

No gear will last "through the years" as Debra states it, without a company that will stand behind it's products. Will Mares stand behind the LE line with parts and service "through the years." Past experience has shown that they will not. In two years will the LE owners be left holding a $700 reg that is useless because it cannot be serviced for lack of parts?? Have they learned from their mistakes of the past? Time will tell, but I'm not risking my $700 to find out. Steve

I dive with mares 22 abyss and like the reg very much. I don't mind if the mares guys calls me " un cool" because I choose to be more thrifty with my money. I don't buy any new product until I have a chance to read reviews. Mares claims high quality and perfection in this new product but there have been recent recalls on Mares/Dacor computers due to faulty issues. They are in the business to sell, Iam in teh market to buy. I have a choice Scubapro, Apeks, Aqualung, ect. I will dive with great equipment which has stood the test of time. " IT'S MY LIFE" I do not feel offended by what one mares guy says, I will cintinue to buys any mares product if it meets my standards, and budget. It Mares does not then I will seek other manufactures. I remember Ford Mustangs in the 70'sand early 80's were not the same as 68 69 and 70 71's. In the late 90's and 2000's they were back on top again. What's my point you ask? I love teh Camero's so it didn't matter to me how good ford was. Now that Camero's arent made any more, I didn't quit driving, I just changed cars. Leave the PRO Le's alone, buy what you want and just go diving. They make a choice to sell any way they want but we all have the choice to buy what ever we want. Opinions are never ugly but are often expressed very ugly. Just my thoughts.

To be honest I was quite impressed with the LE product line. Unfortunately turn out at the shop in Dyer Indiana could have been a lot better. I was going to post photos but forgot my camera at home.

The price of the regulator, BCD, and fins together is $1,700 and two sets sold to divers finishing their open water certification. I like the fins but at $250 found them to be way over priced. The BCD has the best intergraded weight system I have ever seen, and the regulator is a PVD coated Proton with what seems to be the smallest first stage in the world.

The next day on March 6th I participated in helping out with the open water class in the pool. The two divers that purchased the Mares gear started to assemble their gear. I was anxious to see the performance of the new Mares gear. The first guy set up his gear with no problems but the second guys first stage failed! Unbelievable, I have never seen a first stage fail let alone a new first stage??? We gave him a backup Aqua Lung Titan to finish his skills, but he seemed disappointed the whole dive (I know I would be if I just dropped $699 on a new reg). I tried the one LE that worked and the performance seemed very good, but the fact that the other guys first stage failed in a pool scares me!

Dear Poseido,

what happen to your student is not acceptable for our standard of quality.

Please, inform us in very much detail on what happen and we will make sure the problem is resolved. I repeat this is very important to us and has to be more detailed to really evaluate what happen.

I will personally take care to follow this case and to make sure our LE customers are completly satisfy.

Please, inform us asap and if necessary call us directly in Italy 011 39 0185 20 11 asking of Mr. Toma or me directly or call Mares - Dacor US at 020 38 55 0631 asking of Mr. Romeo. For immidiate assistent inform the dealer where the product was bought.

Thanks

Stefano

steve2281:
I In two years will the LE owners be left holding a $700 reg that is useless because it cannot be serviced for lack of parts??

No... service will be no problem. Extrenally, size, weight, internal porting... the Reg is new and much different than anything out there. The good news for service, is it has the same seat / poppet assembly as a v-32 so service should never be an issue.

Poseidon8118:
.....but the second guys first stage failed! Unbelievable, I have never seen a first stage fail let alone a new first stage???...

hmmmm.... Stephano, please keep us updated with this first stage situation, or any other issue. As most of us agreed, accurate external communication is key to retain repeat customers. I won't overreact or panic (divers aren't supposed to, right?) on Poseidon's comment, I now just want to be informed accurately on the reg I purchased before using it underwater. It's one thing when a DVD player breaks. It's another when a first stage does at depth.

Let's be fair to "the Mares guy", he reacted immediately to Poseidon's posting, doing the right thing. Shows that Mares will be servicing the LE line with even more care than ever?!? Hope it will still be true in 5 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom