Mares Regulator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Mares V16 Regulator last June.

I like tropical waters and wanted a regulator that did well on tests and was small in size. The Mares V16 is absolutely superb in all respects and handles depth very well.

It is reasonably priced also. I bought it (and all my equipment) from Leisure Pro who is also a Mares Authorized dealer and they are excellent in all respects.

Leisure Pro is not an authorized dealer for all products but that doesn't mean they don't have authority with the mfrs.. I also purchased a Cressi-Sub BCD which developed a problem and sent it back to Leisure Pro 8 months after purchase and received a brand new replacement from Cressi.

Sy

Captndan:
i am looking to buy my first regulator and wanted to get some opinions. divers supply sells refurbished mares V16 proton metal regulators for a good price. has anyone ever used this reg or a mares reg in general? any pros/cons or suggestions for a similar small/lightweight reg would be great. thanks!

I'm using a Mares R12 1st stage with a Proton Metal 2nd Stage and Rebel as the octo.

I dive mostly in a cold water quarry in northern Pennsylvania. I've had it down to 90+ feet and used it on Jan/Feb winter dives. It hasn't frozen up and breaths easy at depth. It breaths a little harder when upside down, but thats to be expected. My only complaint is that the Proton Metal puts bubbles in front of my mask. It is small and compact so it doesn't do the best at routing the bubbles away. The Rebel does a better job at getting rid of the bubbles but I love the Proton Metal.

I use scubapro but alot of the folks who have the Mares Abyss love them.
Make sure you have a good service center,if they have mares buy mares but if they dont you may consider what they do have.
aqualung,oceanic,sherwood, and of course scubapro are all great regs.
But if you have your heart set on mares and there is no service center where you live you will just have to ship it.
that abyss reg has a great following so it must be a good one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom