Mares X-Vision Mask Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what it's worth, I bought the X-Vision replacement strap they have and it's not exactly the same. It's about the same size, but it doesn't have any of the "bumps" on the strap.

And actually, mine has a flaw on the side of the strap. I'm hoping it doesn't affect performance, but we'll see.

Just FYI.

MaresMan1:
I found that Leisure Pro has the Mares X-Vision strap replacement for $5. Check out this link:
http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=74475&prmenbr=946

Hope this solves your issue.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

I use a slapstrap with velcro closures on mine. It works well, and you avoid the problem of the silicone strap pulling on your hair.

Did you guys find slap straps that are the correct width?

Or did you just crap them in?

Or did you trim the velcro?

We use the webbing with the little buckle, that doesn't loosen up like velcro... also easier to adjust - even underwater. The strap is a little wider, but works fine.

scubatoys:
We use the webbing with the little buckle, that doesn't loosen up like velcro... also easier to adjust - even underwater. The strap is a little wider, but works fine.
Even on the XVision, which has a thinner strap to begin with?
Looking at your name, I assume you carry them over there?
I can't find that one with the webbing anywhere.

Grunz - I have one of those buckle straps. I just put it on my x-vision no sweat. The stap is a little bit bigger but the nylon is pliable. there is another style that I prefer but the buckle strap works just fine and is "infinitly" adjustable

yes the strap is slightly narrower on the xvision but a normal strap can be stuffed in. the buckle on the skirt should last forever and if it breaks off than it should be replaced under warranty. silicone straps should last forever as well. it seems a shame to replace the strap with a slap strap as you then cant use the lovely q/r buckles, i would recomend a hairsaver to go over the existing strap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom