Mares ? Yes or No?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are probably considering getting open heel fin to use with booties, a good idea for the winter months in north Florida. However if you are getting a super great price, I would strongly suggest that you also get a pair of full foot of Quattros.

I don't know if Devon is talking about the open heel's Quattro as just for beginners. For me the full foot model is such a pleasure to use. They have longer blade than the typical fins so storage/transportation may be an issue, but they give you great control and plenty of power.

I've had both types; open and closed heel. They (open) were the first pair I owned. I bought a set of full foot quattros for holidays.

They didn't transition so well into technical diving, and I'm a life-long ForceFin fan now... but the Mares fins were good when I was a novice diver.

Just buy it.
Their X Vision masks are good, the X Stream fins are new, weird looking and work well. The Dragon BC is more comfortable than their Icon BC, was in the pool anyway.
They have been building regs for a long time and while they don't have fancy knobs on their second stage, their design works.

I've had both types; open and closed heel. They (open) were the first pair I owned. I bought a set of full foot quattros for holidays.

They didn't transition so well into technical diving, and I'm a life-long ForceFin fan now... but the Mares fins were good when I was a novice diver.

ok if you are a ForceFin fan then I understand. I've never met a person that uses ForceFins and likes anything else.

Back
Top Bottom