Marker Buoy Warning -- Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
All marker buoys on Lake Travis are encouraged to take immediate actions to protect themselves. The AMBPA, American Marker Buoy Protection Association, has recieved reports that at least one marker buoy on Lake Travis was assaulted over the weekend.

A renegade dive boat callously struck a floating marker buoy at full speed while the boat captain was distracted by recounting the tale of one recent boat experience.

All marker buoys on Lake Travis are encouraged to take immediate precautions against further assaults from boats; although the AMBPA really has no idea how marker buoys can respond to such attacks, being the passive little floaty device thingys that they are. Come to think of it, marker buoys really are kind of defenseless.

The assaulted marker buoy recieved only superficial injuries as result of the attack. In the defense of the boat operator, the marker buoy did have a large "X" painted on its' side. It was as if the marker buoy was marked.

But the story he was recalling, I am sure was about a very douche internet taught diver, who they think is God gift to the diving community. :rofl3:

But the story he was recalling, I am sure was about a very douche internet taught diver, who they think is God gift to the diving community. :rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The marker buoy attacked the Giant Stride, that is my story and I am sticking to it. Besides, look at the marker in question, it is asking for trouble with X marking the spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpg
    IMG_1632.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 214

Oh snap!

lol

:popcorn:

That's ok Robert. I think you gave the poor defenseless buoy a head contusion

He's practicing his use of deadly force with a pontoon boat.

I can vouch for that attack of the buoy!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I love it!

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

The marker buoy attacked the Giant Stride, that is my story and I am sticking to it. Besides, look at the marker in question, it is asking for trouble with X marking the spot.

Last edited:
Hey Robert are you booked for Saturday? Trying to decide if I want to go buoy hunting with you or if I will dive Windy Point.

Back
Top Bottom