Marsa Alam advices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichaelFins

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am in Marsa Alam from this friday to the next thursday
(10/10/2002 to 16/10/2002).
Is there any of you around for a dive or a chat ?

Did some of you have some nice advices about the dive sites around?

Thanx.

MichaelFins.

You didn't say if you were land-based or on a liveaboard but if you have a choice in the matter, St John's Reef is a real treat (a bit of a distance from Marsa but worthwhile). There's an amazing collection of fish and coral and it really is fish soup.

Have a great week

Thanx Louie for your answer. Actually we have 2 dives planned using 4x4 to reach, I suppose, some spots unreachable otherwise, 4 dives using a boat, and unfinite dives from the shore...

I have heard that we might go to Elphinstone reef with one of the boat dives...

came back from there 6.9.02, excellent diving, but the locals were getting agitated due to the IRAQ situation.

keep an eye on your gear, because I had a leatherman crunch taken and I left my battery charger there with a set of batteries.

I gave a note to the site driver and asked him to give it to the camp boss, called the tour operators when i got back and guess what, the theiving b*stards had nicked that as well.

what seems like an everyday item to us is a luxury to them and they make money on all the little bits the "find"

agree with the posting above, keep an eye on your gear. I had my dive knife pinched.

Beware that Elphinstone has a minimum 50 dive requirement. When I was there this was strictly enforced. ;-0

there are some very decent dives reachable by 4x4... I haven't got my dive log on me though so I can't give any names

Back
Top Bottom