Mask recommendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTW, I liked the releases of X-vision, because it can be adjusted even with a thick gloves. I also don't think that Scubapro frameless has less volume than X-vision, which has 225 cm3 (one of the lowest on the market). And it can't accept corrective lenses as well.

Remember the three most important things in picking a mask;

1. fit
2. Fit
3. FIT

Everything else is far behind those three.

Be sure to check fit both with and without a regulator in your mouth, substitute a snorkel in the store for easy testing.
You might also try it with and without your regular hood if you use one diving.

Low volume is real nice as long as it FITS. :D

The Atomic masks are different and better than any other mask on the market - in both the designs of the masks (patent pending) and the lens we use. There is NO OTHER MASK on the market using the high quality optical lens we use - period. Vision is the entire purpose of a good mask and we offer the best due to the combination of lens clarity, fit and range of view. If you're in the market for a new innovative mask don't sell yourself short by not at least trying it on - SEE the difference :)
Cheers.
Darcy

TDL is selling a mask for $35 right now, which I was told is basically the same as the popular SP frameless. I bought one and have been very happy with it, though I haven't tried the Sp mask and therefore cannot compare them directly. It's good value though.

I like the X-Vision to the point that I just got a back-up.

Question, what is the difference between a pure vision and x vision mares? I have a pure vision that I don't like, seems to always leak, and I'm not sure I would go back to the same brand at this point.

TheFoggyMask,

Basically a pure vision is the single lens version of the x vision. Personally I would not get another Xvison or pure vision due the problems that I've encountered with it... frame cracking, peeling and I found the mask flimsy.

I know of lots of divers who swear by these masks and have never had a problem with them but my buddy's mask started leaking within 2 years and he seldom dives. Mine leaked and cracked at the frame within 2 weeks of getting them. The same happened to the replacements.

Anyway, my buddy found the Cressi Matrix and the Atomics ultraclear to fit him well but he chose the Matrix due to price and it fit a little better than the Atomics.

Give the cressi or the atomics a try. Some have commented that the release on the cressi breaks easily but for me it isn't an issue so long as the post holds out as I'm using neoprene mask straps without velcro and these babies are great.

SangP

I just bought the Atomic mask yesterday and trying it tomorrow! I got it as soon as I saw an advertisment for it! I absolutely love everything Atomic. I hear they're working on putting out a BCD.
DARCYATOMIC... What's up with that?

Back
Top Bottom