Mask recommendation.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided to get X-vision with corrective lenses and Scubapro frameless as a backup.
I've found some inexpensive clones of Frameless on Ebay.

I just compared Atomic Subframe, Frameless, X-vision and Scubapro Frameless in a shop. Mares had the best vertical vision, but not much better than Subframe, which had clearly better horizontal vision. Atomic Framless was about the same as Subframe, but didn't fit me well. SP framless was clearly inferior to those three in a field of vision and by far. Though it fit me very well, and Mares too. Atomic is of course is an excellent mask, but too expensive. I'll try Cressi Big Eyes too.

I have tried the atomic frameless and sub frame, SP framless as well as the problue clone. I have to say that both framelss mask could no seal at all but the sub frame fits rather well. 1 thing that sets me back is the price and i was wondering how similar is it to Mares' X vision?

It's better than X-vision in horizontal view, but slightly worse in vertical. I'm wondering how it compares to Cressi Big Eyes, but I'm going to try it soon as well.

the only cressi's ive seen so far all had clear skirts and I can't seem to find those with black skirts

btw how much are the atomics going for in the US?
the sub frames are about $118-$140 SGD over here not too sure about the frameless though

I haven't tried the Cressi mask and the atomic mask yet; but I like Tusa Viewtrek and Mares X-vision (they are quite similar). You don't need to see your octopus in order to reach it, but these two masks (and some others) allow you to do that, and I like the idea.

For the X-vision users, have you tried the Mares Demon mask, is it even better? Found this http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=144071&highlight=Demon+mask

In certain regions of the world, Viewtrek is cheaper and for others, X-vision is cheaper, talking about the mask only.
If you need a corrective lens, please include that part before you compare the cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom