Masks for Small Faces?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the tips. :) I'll print this thread and take it around to all the LDS's around here to see how many she can try on in our quest for the perfect fit.

Incidentally, I remembered wrong, it was the Mares Spora Sub Instinct Star mask that she tried on and had a decent fit (but it was hideous, for a girl to have to wear). This is the only link I could find when googling it. It's $60 at Sport Chalet, and while scuba is no fashion show, she IS a girl, and I'd hate to drop that kind of money on a mask that she hates the looks of.

Yeah I doesn't have the looks alright LOL!

Why don't you just take her around and try on the masks? It's easier that way to find a better fit but keep asking if there's anything in pink LOL!

SangP

I recently started diving with the Atomic UltraClear. It came out in Feb, and it's a great fit (I too have a small face) and it comes in clear or black w/accent colors. The Mares X Vision mid is also a great choice. A little lighter on the pocket book as well. Good Luck.

H- the IslandCowgirl

SangP:
Yeah I doesn't have the looks alright LOL!

Why don't you just take her around and try on the masks? It's easier that way to find a better fit but keep asking if there's anything in pink LOL!

SangP
I have been, that's how we found the one ugly mask that fits. I just frequently do dive shop recon without her... why drag her along when they don't have anything we haven't already tried?

I can spend hours in just about any dive shop, on the other hand, quite happily. :)

CompuDude:
I have been, that's how we found the one ugly mask that fits. I just frequently do dive shop recon without her... why drag her along when they don't have anything we haven't already tried?

I can spend hours in just about any dive shop, on the other hand, quite happily. :)

LOL! Me too however, this time it would be getting stuff for you but her. Anyway, you mentioned that you have tried several masks what were they?

Most masks are made by a couple of OEM so the skirt may be similar.

SangP

CompuDude, check out SeaDive's line of masks for small faces, not that I have firsthand experience with them, But I have 4 SeaDive masks and I will never stray far from them now.

I know we tried the Aqualung Tyke (or was it the Tyke Midi, or both? I can't recall.) and it was very close, but the fit was not as good as the Sporasub.

Sport Chalet probably carried 30-40 different masks, but only a few are for small faces... and of those, only the one seemed to actually fit her tolerably well. We'll try more this weekend, however.

Back
Top Bottom