Maui Hotel/Resorts w/on-site dive operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently came back -- visited with my wife and 4 yr old. Same routine -- go diving, but be back to spend some time with the family in the afternoon. I stayed at the Hyatt and chose to do some shore dives with Extended Horizons. Fantastic experience.

I recommend Tim with Tiny Bubbles Scuba Dive Maui Hawaii | 808.870.0878 | Tiny Bubbles Scuba Diving Specializing in Scuba Dives and Scuba Diving Instruction on Maui | Let's Get Tanked. He runs any site you want out of his van and has scooters. If you shore dive, scooters are awsome. Otherwise it's like a 10 minute swim to get any depth.

My last dive with Tim was off the Westen at Ka'anapali. Nice sand entry, plenty of reef and plenty of turtles and octopi.

I am pretty sure that all the dive operations at the hotels will not rent you any gear or cylinders without going on their little Discover Scuba Diving guided dives. Some do provide guided dives for certified divers between DSD runs or after the main scheduled day of intro and DSD dives. So it's not likely they are going to have any morning time for you. Best to stick to the independant folks like Tiny Bubbles or Shaka Doug.

I would also recommend Tim at Tiny Bubbles. We always stay in Ka'anapali and I use him for shore dives in West Maui. He always finds stuff that I would have missed.

DMDennis & MudDiver: Thanks for the heads up about 5Star Scuba. I called them at their other locations and they confirmed: no air & weight rentals. Gotta go on their guided dives to get air and weights. Thanks for the info on Old Airport (and the other dive sites). It's good to know what facilities are available at the sites.

MudDiver, JasonG, Bappelt: thanks for the dive op referrals. i'll look into them as well.

Kananapali shores has free pool classes every morning at 10 and if you like it in the pool then its 82 after tax for a beach dive for non certified that includes all gear and tank. Its not bad I got my cert there with Dave and the wife was hesitant on doing it and the pool stuff changed her mind. You are guaranteed to see turtles all 4 of my dives I saw them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

They've got scooters at the Westin Kaanapali Villas, as well as tanks. I think they quoted me $100 for a shore scooter dive, but it's guided only. I snorkeled there, but never found the reef, if there is any. If you're considering it, I'd call ahead and ask about tanks, they may only rent 62s, and I don't know whether they require it be guided. They also do SNUBA demos daily in the pool and offer trips from shore, if you're trying to get the wife hooked.

If you're looking for a condo, there are lots in Kihei/Wailea, though it would be hard to beat the likes of the Westin for distracting the wife and baby so you can slip in. Get that line of credit lined up first. There may be similarly situated condo resorts in Wailea, I don't know. As to west vs south, I'd say it's a toss-up, both have some nice spots.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom