May 2015 Palau vid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice. Can you tell us your setup? When/where were you using filters, lights and/or filters with lights?

Very nice. Can you tell us your setup? When/where were you using filters, lights and/or filters with lights?

Hey Bobjsd, here's the setup: GoPro Hero 4 Silver at 2.7k 30fps and URPro CY filter from SnakeRiverPrototype. Fantasea BlueRay Radiant 1600 lumens video light..

I saw your other thread briefly. Basically,

1) if you are shallow and have good ambient light (<25ft or so) then no filter is ok
2) if you have a light and are shooting close up, then don't use a filter
3) When you're deeper, use a filter. Even if you have the light on, it doesn't matter too too much unless they're close

1900432_10101167701763911_576019761248447828_o.jpg

Thanks. A couple more Qs if you don't mind, you know what you're talking about.Do you set the GP on wide, mid or narrow? Do you use wide light metering or spot?I just bought a complete new setup and am using it for,the first time next week. I bought the flip filter system and have it setup up with the macrominimate and the mid depth DIVE filter instead of the deep because I don't want over color saturation under 60 feet.

Yep, took me awhile to find some music I liked but I stumbled across DB.Bobjsd, it depends on what you're shooting. I'd avoid narrow. I used my rx100 with a macro wet lens for some closer shots but from what I remember reading, if you want to use the macro, shoot in medium. Otherwise, use wide/medium as you like for wide angle. I'd suggest wide since if you shoot at 2.7k you can crop to 1080p after. I used whatever metering. Not sure about the filter, you can do some light adjusting in post processing if you're into that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom