May 2016 Roll Call... ¡Vámonos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For all the SB parties that are going to be in Coz in May. Ryan and my wife Lily will be there 1-9 May. Staying at the Sabor and diving with Dive House. This will be our first time to Coz and looking for a wonderful time. Both are aow and ready to get away from the cold dark water of Southern California.

So, one more shot at collecting on daiquiris/mojitos/shots of caña out of a plastic jug on the terrace at Casa Suzana...

YES Dang it. Can I bring mi madre and her friend?

Soooooo mad!!! Ok I booked our trip on black friday, for May 12-19 thru orbitz staying at the presidente intercontinental whatever it is. Today I got an email from orbitz saying that the presidente couldnt honor our booking bc they decided to close April 21-July 7. They gave me 3 options: change to cancun for same hotel/week, change to stay after July 7, or they can cancel just our hotel without fees. Well we dont wanna stay in Cancun; we already asked off work and want to come the orignal dates we chose, and just canceling our hotel means we are stuck finding a new hotel. Wellll not a problem right? Wrong. When you purchase thru Orbitz, your hotel and flight you get a deal for bundling, well now that we are going to have to buy our hotel separate from our flight we dont get a good deal on the hotel. We tested it, we looked at booking a certain hotel thru orbitz and then booking a new flight and same hotel thru orbitz. Booking it together saved us $500.00. Soooo I call orbitz, 2 different people said they couldnt give me the bundled price. So they are going to call me back tomorrow. URRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Today I got an email from orbitz saying that the presidente couldnt honor our booking bc they decided to close April 21-July 7. They gave me 3 options: change to cancun for same hotel/week, change to stay after July 7, or they can cancel just our hotel without fees.

Wow. That would be totally unacceptable to anyone, I should think. And, honestly, who wants to stay in Cancun? Cozumel and Cancun are not equivalent or interchangeable any more than Houston and Austin would be.

If they can't honor your original booking, they should at least be able to cancel it altogether and let you re-book a different package. Have you checked to see how much they'd refund for the hotel portion? If the flight portion is still less than the current rate for flight-only, you might not want to push cancelling the package until you confirm you could still get an acceptable package.

How long ago did you book? This sounds like their problem to fix, not yours.

It was a black friday deal. So thanksgiving!! Ive been on the phone with like 4 or 5 people, all they would offer is a full refund of the hotel. Well when I went and priced just getting a hotel it was going to cost alot more than doing a bundle deal. So in the end, with orbitz not budging on waving fees on cancelling my flight, I cancelled everything, ate $$ on our flights due to cancelling and rebooked thru a different website, flight and hotel, for the same week at a resort we have stayed at before. It was totally not my fault this happened. I just cant believe they wouldnt wave all fees or at least match a price on their own website (a bundled price of course, which I couldnt do because of having my flight). Cancelling our entire package and losing $$ still wound up making us spend less money than purchasing a hotel separate. I will be leaving a review for orbitz today

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom