mayport gags 1-7-07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ironhed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Went out with Rick and Tommy today, hit some of tommy's spots. we did 3 dives each and had our grouper limit by the second dive. we went to a 3rd location which had some hook and liners, a man and his wife. We asked if we could dive the spot and that we had already limited out on gags they were cool with is as we asked nicely . We had a cold 62 degree water and roughly 15 to 20 foot vis but it was doable, just cold and green. rick got a stud 8 lb bug on the first dive and proceeded to whack a nice gag and a few doormats on the second dive. Tommy smacked 2 nice gags on his first dive and got a couple other fish as well, nice job tommy your the man. I had a slow start shooting nothing on the first dive and only one flounder on the second dive. the next dive I was able to hook into a couple nice gags both put up a decent fight, one almost took my mask off. we had 6 gags 20lbs to 25 lbs, probably 9 flounder a couple sheeps and the 8 lb bug. Today was an excellent trip and the seas were pretty nice on top. At one point fog rolled in and got so thick we had a hard time finding tommy when he popped up but a dive alert and a quick scan and we found him but the fog rolled out as fast as it rolled in, maybe 1 hour of real dense fog. I have to thank Rick again for the great trip out and Tommy for sporting the locations.

Attachments

• andys gag up.JPG
    andys gag up.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 53
  • ricks fat stringer up.JPG
    ricks fat stringer up.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 50
  • ricks stud bug up.JPG
    ricks stud bug up.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 57
  • tommys fat stringer up.JPG
    tommys fat stringer up.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 49
  • nice haul up.JPG
    nice haul up.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 65
we had a great time out there and stocked up the freezer doing it. now is the time to shoot the gags they are out there in high numbers on certain spots just got to find the spots.

Ironhed:
.......now is the time to shoot the gags they are out there in high numbers on certain spots just got to find the spots.

The colder waters do bring in the gags. Our date is about March 1st and then they will swarm us down here.

Dang, that's a big bug!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom