Megadive O-5!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK... it's on my calendar... We'll have to watch the launch schedule. I'll try to bring all three of my diving kids and my certified non-diving better half.

innertubes... If I rent the pavillion, we will get ten tube rentals for the day. I will be finding SOME way of marking them with cable ties or something not easilly removed by hand to identify them.
If all goes well... I will be buyng some heavy tubes from the auto parts store and marking them with the VOA lettering and logo. THEN, anyone that steals one, I will personally puncture and remove it from them with my dive knife! This will also solve the "My tube looks like their tube and he took yours" problem! ESPECIALLY if I get a DPV!

second, the camping will begin on Friday and potentially end on Sunday.
The actual BBQ and party will be on Saturday hopefully at the Old Ginnie Pavillion.
If I can get logistics worked out, we will also have 40/41 again as our campsite. Reserving the pavillion will be later as it's more expensive. The campsite rez is only $50 for the two sites.
Scubadilla is supposed to be there. not sure if he'll be attending or not. He's kind of a nightowl, and he doesn't post much. I think he'll be there if the food's good.

What kinda DPV ya thinking of getting Ken?

Cool for sticking the thread. Plans are going well so far. The DPV I am looking at is the Sea-Doo VS Turbo. Not a lot of money, and for an entry level toy that won't see a lot of use, it's also something I could afford soon. I'd like to get a black ghost. (silent submersions uv-26) I just don't have the 4 grand for that one yet. :) a k-10 hydrospeeder would be awesome since I know where I could get one of THOSE for 5 grand! It has an integrated bottle, reg n computer! Also looks REALLY cool puttering into a spring basin! Think of the underwater scooters used to ram the coral reef in the second Tomb Raider movie. I KNEW you'd remember that scene. :)

What kind of armorments you looking to add? :D With a sweet ride like that, you need to bring more than your dive knife! How hard would it be to fabricate a rotating spear-gat? :wink:

I already have the spear-gat designed. Waiting on the gas recharge regulator parts to build it. Mostly used against herds of raging manatees.

Soory you missd the barbecue in December. Simon's garlis braised T-bone steaks were delish! I didn't realize manatee could be cooked to resemble bef. It was VERY good! I may be able to get some Mini-Manatee legs, and thighs for the next megadive.

someone should patent a compressed-air spear minigun, maybe even with
explosive-tip mini spears.

you need some serious firepower when those 'tee herds come at ya

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom