Meikon / Polaroid Canon T3i /T2i Housing Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just FYI, the Polaroid housing is NOT exactly the same as the Meikon version. Notice the Polaroid housing has a plastic leg that projects down from the front of the lens port, probably a stand to keep the camera level when you set the housing down. I believe this will interfere with installing a Meikon or Camdive dome lens on the front. The wide-angle dome lens is a must for me, so I have to put the extra money down for the more expensive Meikon version. Although, I notice an extra button on the Polaroid case next to the main selection knob. If anyone knows the difference in functionality between the Meikon and Polaroid versions I would love to hear from them. Also, if you're looking for a cheap underwater camera, the SJ4000 (AKA SJCam) is less than $100 and comes with underwater housing. It looks similar to a GoPro, and although video quality is not quite GoPro, it is darn close. I've used it on a number of dives with excellent results. One of the benefits of either the GoPro or SJ4000 is that the low volume of air in the housing translates to less fogging in chilly water. I use my SJ4000 as backup, which has saved my butt when the housing for my larger video camera fogged over in cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom